Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out at The Ridge Motorsports Park on Saturday and played around with recording video for one of my sessions. A co-worker says I need to turn off image stabilization next time. I also need to figure out how to mount my phone further back. This was taken with a Ram Mount stuck to the windshield just to driver’s right and below the rearview mirror.

Sorry about the wind noise, we had to run windows down with this group. I’ll be back there again March 25 and will try windows up. Probably won’t be such nice weather though.

Anyway, here’s one of my laps.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Your camera mount location is fine - ditch the stabilization.

The downhill section, introduced with the "alternative line" tire tracks at 1:51, looks like it can get interesting in a hurry.

On every track I have ever been on, you have to run with the front windows open.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have pretty good lines. Looks like a fun track!
Thanks! It’s a very fun track.

Your camera mount location is fine - ditch the stabilization.

The downhill section, introduced with the "alternative line" tire tracks at 1:51, looks like it can get interesting in a hurry.

On every track I have ever been on, you have to run with the front windows open.
The thing I didn’t like about the location is you get lost in the corners. I’d also like to see my inputs.

Oddly enough, those alternative tracks were not left by a mustang, though one did blow up at turn 1, which is at the end of the main straight.

Audi club is unique (in this area anyhow) in allowing cars to run windows up or windows down. Let bys are signaled by the slower and faster driver using the turn signals. It was strange to adjust to. Should make for good audio though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks! It’s a very fun track.

The thing I didn’t like about the location is you get lost in the corners. I’d also like to see my inputs.

Oddly enough, those alternative tracks were not left by a mustang, though one did blow up at turn 1, which is at the end of the main straight.

Audi club is unique (in this area anyhow) in allowing cars to run windows up or windows down. Let bys are signaled by the slower and faster driver using the turn signals. It was strange to adjust to. Should make for good audio though.
Most clubs I've run with also mandate windows down. However, one club mandates windows up (supposedly for occupant protection). It's surprising how much difference in top mph there is at a fast track with windows up or down...at least 5mph faster with windows up

·
Premium Member
6,867 Posts
That downhill S into the final straight looks like fun!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That downhill S into the final straight looks like fun!
That section is pretty fun, but so are several other sections of the track. 2,3,4,5 is my favorite. If you get turn 2 right, 3 sets you up perfectly for 4 and 5 to be one big, drifty arc. So much fun.

Track map for reference;

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Forgot to mention, and you probably can’t see it in the video, but the straight leading to that "alternative line" has a crest toward the end just before the turn. Try to brake too late/ carry too much speed through that crest, and you have no weight on the tires for braking.

I’m guessing that’s how those tracks were made. That was almost me in August. Thank you Brembos!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice vid, in regards to wind noise the best thing is to use an external microphone (I have vid on my new members post in the intro section)

·
Registered
364 Posts
The Ridge is a fun track. I took my 2014 SS & my 2013 Mustang GT (my son was the driver) there. I wasn't surprised the SS walked over the GT in the curves but what did surprise me I was able the walk on the GT even in the long straight. They put us in a group with 2 other Mustang GTs and both my son & I easily lapped the other Mustangs. The silver Mustang in mine.

You should get Harrys lap timer app when you record. Awesome app.

https://flic.kr/p/253AfLj

1 - 12 of 12 Posts