Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only about thirteen cars showed up, I think I was the only V8. One hella fast BMW, lots of Miatas as usual. There was a nice 86 and a Focus that did a good job keeping up until i found the limits of my Brembos. Man those are some anchors! Swapped out the original brake fluid for some Wagner DOT 5.1 - the pedal did get soft at the end of one session but there were still good brakes to be had, just much closer to the floor than usual.
Highlights are the turns off the front and back stretch onto the infield, you turn in going 115 mph or so and hope the tires hang on. The back stretch turn ten is especially pucker inducing because there are two bumps, one in the transition from banked to flat and the other, just a bump. Don't lift or the back end will get light!
No video, operator error, I have a few minutes of the run that was rained on but nothing worth posting.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I went to a PDX last year, same deal with actual racing in three classes through the day and four twenty minute sessions for us in between. Pace car on the first two laps of the first session, then point to pass on the straights only the rest of the day. I did a track night in America last year at PBIR; i much prefer Homestead. Longer course, more variety, four straights and maybe fifteen corners?
Anyway, it's a blast but a lot of wear and tear on my SS - it's a relative heavyweight so it eats through tires, brakes, clutch, and wears on the transmission and engine too. I think I'll keep it on the road and look for a track toy to get my speed fixes. Maybe my MINI????

1 - 4 of 4 Posts