Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Looks like a fun track! Will need to get down there one of these days. You chased down some nice cars. Fun to see the variety on track.

Fixed your link;

Use the globe with a chain link overlaid in the tool bar to post links. You just paste into the dialog box that pops up.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nice! you said all stock.. are they stock tires as well? How fast were you going into turn 1? The last cars I had there I was able to floor it from the 180 all the way to turn 1, but I dont think thatll be possible in the SS.

·
Super Moderator
5,478 Posts
Awesome.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice job, I loved watching you catch and pass the other cars. I’m assuming you were in track mode?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
That was a blast...maybe one day, I’ll get to enjoy this car’s road course prowess

·
Registered
38 Posts
Were you there at a club event track day or was it an open track day for anyone, great video, I live close to the track and have been trying to get over there on an open track day

·
Registered
122 Posts
Speed Ventures track day? I really wanted to go to that one.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Nice! you said all stock.. are they stock tires as well? How fast were you going into turn 1? The last cars I had there I was able to floor it from the 180 all the way to turn 1, but I dont think thatll be possible in the SS.
why not? If the lines are right, I don't see a problem.

I get up to about 110 going CCW on the front straight before having to brake
SOW is kind of not fun for big cars, much more fun in my 240. These cars needs to be on bigger tracks

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I see they have add a high speed banked section since I was there last(20 years ago), it's more suitable for our cars than it used to be!

·
Registered
210 Posts
The car is stock no mods. Running Michellin PS4S
Enjoy!
-Alex

youtu.be/NFpJxApDiz4
Nice! Looks like the 911 and the C6 Vette didn't want to play, or couldn't catch/pass you.

why not? If the lines are right, I don't see a problem.

I get up to about 110 going CCW on the front straight before having to brake
SOW is kind of not fun for big cars, much more fun in my 240. These cars needs to be on bigger tracks
Yes, like the main Willow Springs track... Fastest Road in the West! That would be great in the SS. If one really went for lap times, you'd likely need to replace the brake pads and rotors afterwards. I got to drive SCCA Spec race cars there with a club a few times on rented track days, first with the Renault engine then the later Ford-powered SRF. Great track... ended up with the best times and what they said were competitive qualifying times for the guys who raced there regularly - made it that much more fun :).

·
Registered
790 Posts
Nice! Looks like the 911 and the C6 Vette didn't want to play, or couldn't catch/pass you.

Yes, like the main Willow Springs track... Fastest Road in the West! That would be great in the SS. If one really went for lap times, you'd likely need to replace the brake pads and rotors afterwards. I got to drive SCCA Spec race cars there with a club a few times on rented track days, first with the Renault engine then the later Ford-powered SRF. Great track... ended up with the best times and what they said were competitive qualifying times for the guys who raced there regularly - made it that much more fun :).
Depends on how you drive I suppose. I've taken mine to a few track days. Pads have plenty of life left.
My favorite in SoCal so far is Chuckwalla.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Depends on how you drive I suppose. I've taken mine to a few track days. Pads have plenty of life left.
My favorite in SoCal so far is Chuckwalla.
It took 7 track days and 15k miles to use up the front pads for me. Might’ve been able to get another day out of them but decided to err on the safe side.

Rears are still at 7mm after 8 days and 16k miles. Just pulled them and measured while I was flushing the brake fluid yesterday. I might be able to get close to two sets of front pads for each set of rears.

Rotors still have plenty of thickness. TBD how long they’ll last.

Local tracks top out at 130-140 at the end of the main straights.

Aggressive intermediate driver, FWIW. I like the OE pads enough that I’m sticking with them. Fluid is ATE TYP200 and hasn’t boiled yet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts