Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Beauty (or lack thereof) is in the eyes of the beholder, but I'm baffled that they didn't bump it to 11 or bump one of the others off to include the Lexus RX 350.
It is obviously just me, as they are selling way more of them than all the SS's ever sold, but I truly cannot believe these things actually exist in the real world.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Beauty (or lack thereof) is in the eyes of the beholder, but I'm baffled that they didn't bump it to 11 or bump one of the others off to include the Lexus RX 350.
It is obviously just me, as they are selling way more of them than all the SS's ever sold, but I truly cannot believe these things actually exist in the real world.
I did my best trying to convince my wife not to choose that "Darth Vader" looking RX350. I was being such an a**hole at the dealership just because I really wanted the Acura MDX. That just made the Lexus folks make a better deal. Well, she's happy with Vader, and had no push-back when I got my SS. :grin

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
I think it's fitting next to some lame crossover the Prius takes the number one spot.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
The BMW i3 should have taken first place, 'cause it's uglier than a mud fence, for no good reason. They didn't have to make it ugly,...other BMW's look good.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Lexus' grill is the ugliest thing I have ever seen. See the attached photo. Arnold Schwartenegger said it... "You are one ugly..... "

Yes indeed. But to me it's not just the grill. The amount of pointless and incoherent "ornamentations" and clutter all over is astounding. Profound lack of talent. The weirdest thing is that this is supposed to be a design of a luxury/premium vehicle, but I cannot decide which one looks more ridiculous and tacky, the RX or the old Nissan Juke....

·
Registered
700 Posts
That seems logical....lmao...to answer your question....yes! The Encore is ugly as sin!

I don't get cars that are taller than they are wide or long. Freak me out.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Non Sequitur

I guess this explains why my co-worker threatened to assault me if I replaced the Tahoe with one. :lol2:
Wife hated her surprise NGM SS automatic Memorial Day 2018 gift ..but loved her Vanilla Encore present this past July 4th. Buick (with real gears) drove okay 1500-miles back to Georgia...base turbo struggled on hills with my XXL dimensions but seat comfort not bad. Car a step up from the 2004 Base Vibe and 2005 CRV SE in Athens. Wifey actually thanked me for the ugly duckling Encore (and the check for Daughter's MIT tuition)...such gratitude only occurs about every 10-years it seems. What got me worried was the boy stopped playing video games until 4 in the morning and started studying for his learner's permit online needed before driver's education registration this Fall...lol

Happy Wife, Happy Life even with an ugly Encore in the GA motor pool. Think I'll screwup the bliss in a few years with an unsanctioned C8 acquisition!:devil

·
Registered
146 Posts
Nissan PUKE.

That vehicle looks like a Pontiac Aztek raped an AMC Pacer, & the two of them produced a deformed offspring... :stac:

Actually, I think the Nissan only gets 2nd - any Prius/Leaf/Tesla gets the "win" in that category...

:devil

·
Registered
700 Posts
Nissan PUKE.

Actually, I think the Nissan only gets 2nd - any Prius/Leaf/Tesla gets the "win" in that category...

:devil

Why Tesla? Granted the Model 3 has a weird front, and the tapered greenhouse in 3/4 rear view is also a bit weird, but the side view is fine, and the Model S is gorgeous (IMO of course). At least they are not overdone with stupid clutter. I'm not into EV's, but that doesn't mean they can't be pretty.
To me the RX and former Juke are the worst. In general I find recent Nissan styling really tacky, such a far cry from the late 80's-early 90's when they were a design leader.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Well, my number 1 and 2 are their number 1 and 3. Don’t agree on the Camaro front end, it looks better than the back end of the C8, though it could be the same design team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
Why Tesla? Granted the Model 3 has a weird front, and the tapered greenhouse in 3/4 rear view is also a bit weird, but the side view is fine, and the Model S is gorgeous (IMO of course). At least they are not overdone with stupid clutter. I'm not into EV's, but that doesn't mean they can't be pretty.
To me the RX and former Juke are the worst. In general I find recent Nissan styling really tacky, such a far cry from the late 80's-early 90's when they were a design leader.
To me, any vehicle that runs on electricity is like a zombie, or a "pod person" (from that old sci-fi movie) - it looks like a car, but the soul, the "vital essence" has been stripped away, leaving just a shambling husk staggering around... They're just soulless, like an appliance, like your refrigerator, or toaster.

That said, one or two of the Teslas that I've seen wouldn't look bad at all - if they'd only come with some kind of Italian DOHC engine from the factory... :devil

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
To me, any vehicle that runs on electricity is like a zombie, or a "pod person" (from that old sci-fi movie) - it looks like a car, but the soul, the "vital essence" has been stripped away, leaving just a shambling husk staggering around... They're just soulless, like an appliance, like your refrigerator, or toaster... :devil
To me, that model 3 reminds me of that chick on Twilight Zone - The Movie, where her mouth was moulded shut, or taken away, for sayin' sumpthin' that she shouldn't have...I mean, the Model 3 has a place for a grille, but just doesn't have one,...not even a fake one!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts