Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Some Like It Hot Red Metallic, A6, Sunroof, Inflator, #1683 of 3168
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally took the car to the drag strip and was pleased with the results. The attached time slip was my best time, 12.599. (Right Lane) My 60 foot times were terrible due to the lack of traction as I was running the OEM tires. Trap speeds were better than I expected. Now I need to find the right wheel/tire combo to put power to the ground off the line. The last time I drag raced was 30 years ago, in my 73 Camaro. I had a lot of fun running my SS and look forward to going again.

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
I finally took the car to the drag strip and was pleased with the results. The attached time slip was my best time, 12.599. (Right Lane) My 60 foot times were terrible due to the lack of traction as I was running the OEM tires. Trap speeds were better than I expected. Now I need to find the right wheel/tire combo to put power to the ground off the line. The last time I drag raced was 30 years ago, in my 73 Camaro. I had a lot of fun running my SS and look forward to going again. View attachment 288766
Nice jobe! What mods do you have?

·
Registered
2015 Some Like It Hot Red Metallic, A6, Sunroof, Inflator, #1683 of 3168
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice jobe! What mods do you have?
RotoFab CAI, ARH long tube headers with cats and X-pipe, Race Proven Motorsports LS3 cam and I upgraded the rocker arm trunnions and installed BTR springs. I also have a Circle D 3000-3200 stall and the tune is by RPM Motorsports out of Garner, NC.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Great trap speed! I went a couple times last year and I'm totally hooked. The last time out I broke into the 10s
What are your Mods?

·
Registered
3,846 Posts

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Great trap speed! I went a couple times last year and I'm totally hooked. The last time out I broke into the 10s
Last time out I broke a sprag.

Reactions: ESindon

·
Registered
RotoFab & LMS 93 aggressive + tune|resonator delete|275/35 square set up
172 Posts
I finally took the car to the drag strip and was pleased with the results. The attached time slip was my best time, 12.599. (Right Lane) My 60 foot times were terrible due to the lack of traction as I was running the OEM tires. Trap speeds were better than I expected. Now I need to find the right wheel/tire combo to put power to the ground off the line. The last time I drag raced was 30 years ago, in my 73 Camaro. I had a lot of fun running my SS and look forward to going again. View attachment 288766
Good and Interesting results. I too run an uncorrected 12.59 but at lower 112.6-113.5mph trap speeds with a 2.0 60ft and [email protected] 1/8th. DA corrected my best is [email protected] and your [email protected] is a [email protected] according to this:
That 2.17 60ft is soft as you already stated. Even a 2.0 would have had you knocking on 11.99s.
Congrats on your fun return to the track.

·
Registered
130 Posts
LSA with 2.5 upper stock lower, tsp stage 2 pd cam, kooks long tubes and catless mids, alky control meth dual nozzle, mickey 305-45-17 et street r on a weld S71. Lots of other small things but that's the important stuff. Car made 640 wheel.

I ran the this pass right off the trailer. Next pass went 11.01 at 137. I wanted to get a pass with the car nice and cold and it was an animal. One month earlier I went 11.1 and trapped 126 with no changes whatsoever (but at a different track). My tune is pretty conservative and pulls timing at a pretty low IAT so keeping it cold makes a huge difference

The best part-this was on a stock clutch. I'm putting in a monster triple but the stock clutch has held up shockingly well-it has never slipped. I'm hoping to trap 140 this year with ported blower and new intake

Attachments

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
LSA with 2.5 upper stock lower, tsp stage 2 pd cam, kooks long tubes and catless mids, alky control meth dual nozzle, mickey 305-45-17 et street r on a weld S71. Lots of other small things but that's the important stuff. Car made 640 wheel.

I ran the this pass right off the trailer. Next pass went 11.01 at 137. I wanted to get a pass with the car nice and cold and it was an animal. One month earlier I went 11.1 and trapped 126 with no changes whatsoever (but at a different track). My tune is pretty conservative and pulls timing at a pretty low IAT so keeping it cold makes a huge difference

The best part-this was on a stock clutch. I'm putting in a monster triple but the stock clutch has held up shockingly well-it has never slipped. I'm hoping to trap 140 this year with ported blower and new intake
And im over here running 12s with an LSA :cry:

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Traction hasnt been THAT much of an issue for me personally. With my 285 Continental im able to get 1.9 60 fts. I think I even got a 1.89 once. Im a big fan of driving to the track and racing with the car in the same exact configuration as it would be in while driving normally. Id hate to sacrifice the incredible handling of the SS with 17 inch wheels.

The OPs times seem pretty darn good to me. Im only 0.4 seconds quicker and 3 mph faster. And thats with a 1.92 60 ft.... mine is a manual trans though.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Traction hasnt been THAT much of an issue for me personally. With my 285 Continental im able to get 1.9 60 fts. I think I even got a 1.89 once. Im a big fan of driving to the track and racing with the car in the same exact configuration as it would be in while driving normally. Id hate to sacrifice the incredible handling of the SS with 17 inch wheels.

The OPs times seem pretty darn good to me. Im only 0.4 seconds quicker and 3 mph faster. And thats with a 1.92 60 ft.... mine is a manual trans though.
Yeah I used to be that dude

·
Registered
80 Posts
My little brother just took delivery of a '21 Charger 392 Scat Pack. It's the normal body one with narrow 245 tires all around. Last year (or the year before), my SS ran a 12.9 at 107 mph on all-season Pirellis - good enough to embarrass my bro's Coyote-powered mustang GT.

Now that the bro has upgraded, the question is obvious: what can I do short of forced induction to keep the SS out in front come the next family outing to the track.

Will arh catted longtube headers with an appropriate tune do the trick?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts