Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo! Wanted to give more information about the best value forged setup for our cars, as there isn't a lot of posting about these. I don't work for Titan 7 nor do I work for Mavman, i'm just another owner who's focused on finding the highest quality aftermarket parts for my own personal enjoyment and benefit.

Titan 7 is a newer performance based wheel company, founded by Eddie Lee (25+ years in the industry), previous GM for Mackin Industries, one of the industry's most well-known exclusive distributors of high quality JDM forged wheels from Volk and Rays.

This is Eddie's company, and he is still very involved as when I initially inquired about these wheels, I was getting responses from him directly. He's found a factory that pressurizes 6061 Aluminum cylinders into strong lightweight wheels (as opposed to cast / flow formed which deal with issues like porosity / cracking under stressful conditions). That was my motivation to find a forged option, and whenever I went to the track, all the civic / m3 guys are running these wheels. After looking them up more, I remembered seeing them on Mav Man's site, so I messaged him to purchase.

Fitment is 20x9 +36, 20x10.5 +46, and I opted to run 265/35 tires in front, and 295/30 tires in rear. I am currently lowered on SSSL springs Front and Rear with stock mag-ride still installed. I took precautionary measures due to the ride height and had the front fenders pulled / cut near front bumper, as well as the rear fenders cut all around. My fender guy had done a couple of these cars before, and the pinch welds / double seams on the rear fenders make it extremely difficult to roll cleanly, so we just cut them out. I'm not rubbing on the rear at all, but I am slightly rubbing in the front due to the 265 (should have stuck with 255 per everybody elses recommendations), but I believe an alignment will solve the issue (currently on stock alignment specs, and will dial out front camber to -1.7 or whatever max neg is).

Updates on the alignment soon.

Photos here:

image5 (1).jpeg

·
Registered
106 Posts
Love it! Good to hear, I almost when 265/35 front and thought maybe I should with the next set of tires as I seem to have just a wee bit of room on the inside but not much. I actually like how you kept the front canards(?) chrome.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love it! Good to hear, I almost when 265/35 front and thought maybe I should with the next set of tires as I seem to have just a wee bit of room on the inside but not much. I actually like how you kept the front canards(?) chrome.

Thx! tbh didn't want to black out everything.

so updates on the alignment, i was only able to get -1deg camber in the front, most of the rubbing is gone, but on big dips i'm still hitting the bumper tab in the front.

Taking the car to a new shop on Monday to try to get the -1.8deg max and see how it fares!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts