Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear there's a shortage of good tires out there these days for the SS. I'm coming up on five yrs with same tires (17,700 mi.) and would like to get some thoughts on best way to go and if such a shortage is real.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Sometimes pepboys or Costco has some in their warehouse when everyone else is out.

Reactions: JackSlo4dr

·
Registered
815 Posts
no shortage really. all the main suppliers are still pumping them out and distributors have them or can get them. The PS4 and Extreme Contacts are good tires no doubt, as well as Pirelli's P Zero PZ4. But its also dependant on what type of tire or driving, or driving conditions you experiance which ultimately leads you to certain tires.

I've both 3 sets of tires in the last 6-8 months for various vehicles and got them within days.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sometimes pepboys or Costco has some in their warehouse when everyone else is out.
I've been waiting over a year for Costco to have Pilot 4S in stock. Up until recently they only had the fronts, now the fronts are out but the rears are now in. I'm running my stock setup as the Pilot SuperSports on my aftermarket wheels were bald. Discount Tire and Tire Rack (one in the same now) do have them but usually you can save $100 or more on a set at Costco when they have their deals.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I've been waiting over a year for Costco to have Pilot 4S in stock. Up until recently they only had the fronts, now the fronts are out but the rears are now in. I'm running my stock setup as the Pilot SuperSports on my aftermarket wheels were bald. Discount Tire and Tire Rack (one in the same now) do have them but usually you can save $100 or more on a set at Costco when they have their deals.
Discount tire and tirerack will price match Costco...

·
Registered
2014 SS, SOLD!
4,239 Posts
Even our dealer price-matched Costco on tires.

Reactions: Burt Gummer
1 - 7 of 7 Posts