Chevy SS Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is the kind of tunnel-vision that typifies why Americans can't have a lot of the cool cars that the rest of the planet enjoys. Anything remotely billed as a performance car needs to have large orifices, huge fender flares, and a trunk lid that doesn't sit flush with the c-pillar.

I'm currently in the market for an SS, but I've never and would never consider the Charger. I must be in the minority, but I've always thought they looked incredibly tacky and cheap-- although the 2015's look a lot better, they're still not my cup of tea. Around here, they also carry a certain "stigma" of the driver being either a "civil servant" or a bass-thumping, car-ignorant knuckle dragger. I can live with the former, but not so much the latter.

Notwithstanding the overdose of chrome trim and other minor accoutrements (like the fake seat belt holes) on the SS, I think it looks like an incredibly classy and maturely-styled car. I can't figure out why anyone would imply it's anything remotely "ugly" or "homely". Plain? Sure. But I really, really prefer the minimalist-Euro styling of this car. It's a huge selling point for me.

·
Registered
170 Posts
This is the kind of tunnel-vision that typifies why Americans can't have a lot of the cool cars that the rest of the planet enjoys. Anything remotely billed as a performance car needs to have large orifices, huge fender flares, and a trunk lid that doesn't sit flush with the c-pillar.

I'm currently in the market for an SS, but I've never and would never consider the Charger. I must be in the minority, but I've always thought they looked incredibly tacky and cheap-- although the 2015's look a lot better, they're still not my cup of tea. Around here, they also carry a certain "stigma" of the driver being either a "civil servant" or a bass-thumping, car-ignorant knuckle dragger. I can live with the former, but not so much the latter.

Notwithstanding the overdose of chrome trim and other minor accoutrements (like the fake seat belt holes) on the SS, I think it looks like an incredibly classy and maturely-styled car. I can't figure out why anyone would imply it's anything remotely "ugly" or "homely". Plain? Sure. But I really, really prefer the minimalist-Euro styling of this car. It's a huge selling point for me.
Well put. The chrome overdose is easily overcome.

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
Yes welcome aSSianDriver!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Entertaining writer. I could see Rory Reid or another irreverent millennial writer doing something similar. It has a Top Gear sense of humor and some witty lines.
My perception is my appreciation for the SS is generational: I spent my elementary school years pumping gas at my dad's Shell station during the late 60's. A full-size sedan with a loud V8 pulling in for Super Shell was always a highlight. Probably still part of my DNA and why the new Orange '17 may end up in my garage next year near my 60th birthday.
Cheers to Manual transmissions, small-block Chevy V8s, and baby boomers with their memories intact.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Old thread...
But I like how he praises the MyLink!!!!!!! Lol!!!!
The SS is not perfect, let's be honest. Some of the things he gripped about, we complain about. He was just very much over the top. I clearly have a difference of opinion with him on value, since I cross shopped the Challenger SRT, and I liked it, but I couldn't get over the major short comings at the price.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Doesnt look like he does many tasteful reviews.. His 2016 camaro SS review was better hope it doesnt rain.. another trash piece.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i have been driving mine for a month now and have been surprised by 2 people asking how i liked it and both told me they hoped to buy one soon. it seams no one else can tell the difference and thats a feature i like about this car it just blends in. i was looking at the charger and challenger but when i found out they both shut down cylinders going down the road that killed it for me. test drove my SS and was going to drive a 15 charger but loved this so much i didn't waste my time driving the dodge. happy guy now and don't care what others think.

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
i have been driving mine for a month now and have been surprised by 2 people asking how i liked it and both told me they hoped to buy one soon. it seams no one else can tell the difference and thats a feature i like about this car it just blends in. i was looking at the charger and challenger but when i found out they both shut down cylinders going down the road that killed it for me. test drove my SS and was going to drive a 15 charger but loved this so much i didn't waste my time driving the dodge. happy guy now and don't care what others think.
That's what turned me off on G8 GT, after the style started growing on me sometimes had second thoughts

·
Registered
424 Posts

I completely agree. I'm absolutely dumbfounded when people say the Chrysler LX cars look good. They all look like big blocks of metal relying on too much retro styling and ends up super gaudy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
The article reads as if the author doesn't get laid very often either and if he does he'll find flaws in his partner.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts