Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're looking to spend around $40k on a high end RWD performance sedan, consider the Mercedes Benz 2007-2010 S600. The S600 features a twin turbo V12 good for 517HP. Ride is smooth on an active air suspension with an active damping system .The S600 does 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, produces 560 fp of torque at 1800 rpm and has a top speed of 191 mph but is limited in the US car to 155 mph. The twin turbo V12 does this silently and effortlessly.

Options abound, right down to the heated and cooled seats with multi mode massage function, and rear reclining seats with heat and a hand stiched leather interior A new S600 pushed $200,000 new, but a low mileage used example can be had for around $40k.

These are usually flawlessly maintained cars in perfect mechanical and physical condition with full service histories from Mercedes. The Certified Pre Owned cars come with 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty that can be extended out to 120,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Not sure what your point is but the only ones i can find around 40K are 2007 models with 45 to 75K miles. So a 6 to 7 yr old car with someone elses miles and half the warranty gone.

2010 models with the same milage is 80K.

Don't forget MB' maintenance costs.

Might be a good car for some but if you point is to buy this instead of an SS not sure if this is apples to apples comparison.

What is the total cost of ownership difference between the two?

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you're looking to spend around $40k on a high end RWD performance sedan, consider the Mercedes Benz 2007-2010 S600. The S600 features a twin turbo V12 good for 517HP. Ride is smooth on an active air suspension with an active damping system .The S600 does 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, produces 560 fp of torque at 1800 rpm and has a top speed of 191 mph but is limited in the US car to 155 mph. The twin turbo V12 does this silently and effortlessly.

Options abound, right down to the heated and cooled seats with multi mode massage function, and rear reclining seats with heat and a hand stiched leather interior A new S600 pushed $200,000 new, but a low mileage used example can be had for around $40k.
These are usually flawlessly maintained cars in perfect mechanical and physical condition with full service histories from Mercedes. The Certified Pre Owned cars come with 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty that can be extended out to 120,000 miles.

Looking at everything you listed above, it appears to be a great deal. The one thing I look at is what do YOU really want. The 2 vehicles are pretty far apart on the spectrum scale with the exception of price. Is price the driving factor more than type of vehicle you want? Does status come into play? More questions need to addressed, but ultimately it's up to you. I had a friend buy from that dealer while at the NAS and had no problem with them.Hopefully, whatever conclusion you come to makes you happy. That's the main thing.

·
Registered
397 Posts

Might be a good car for some but if you point is to buy this instead of an SS not sure if this is apples to apples comparison.

THIS!

Cost of ownership is a big thing even if the used car is attainable. It's why some people buy a flagship Acura sedan over a BMW, Mercedes or Audi.

If you can afford it by all means go ahead but as mentioned above this is not a an apples to apples comparison.

However I think what would might be better is a used Dodge Charger SRT-8!

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the used one have problems
OH MY GOD DO THEY HAVE PROBLEMS.

The way to own one of these is to buy it as a CPO car (full bumper-to-bumper warranty for up to 120k miles) and then dump it when the warranty expires.

However, if you've ever driven one of these they will spoil you for most anything else.

·
Banned
517 Posts
I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but:
Although AMG cars are INSANE, I would lease and dump if I were you.
AMS is already making 767 rwhp with the new E63, but I would NEVER own a German.
Sad, but true.

SO many of my "in the biz" freinds have stolen incredible MB cars only to be ass raped on repairs and regret the decision in the end.
It's a shame, but buyer beware.

In my opinion, reliability and simplicity is the great advantage of the SS and GM's V8 vehicles.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Not sure what your point is but the only ones i can find around 40K are 2007 models with 45 to 75K miles. So a 6 to 7 yr old car with someone elses miles and half the warranty gone.

2010 models with the same milage is 80K.

Thats a good point no warranty especially when its a Mercedes so the maintenance cost will blow you out the door. And a used car is sometimes a can of worms waiting to be opened. You have nothing to grasp on but the previous owners words.

·
Banned
517 Posts
Wait, what?

Zero cred me boy...
The difference is LEASE vs. OWN.
Also, did you ever consider I wholesale cars, too ???

If you are trying to spar with me, you are in over your head.
Go troll a school bus if you are looking to argue with someone on your level.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The difference is LEASE vs. OWN.
Also, did you ever consider I wholesale cars, too ???
Well, which one is it? Or do u just spit out any half assed explanation that keeps your contradicting statements consistent?

Lame...

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That would be answer #2.
SS Sedan needs to be able to fly upside down and hover to be a success.
I'd happily pay a premium for the OPTIONS of not having both ED and an STD at the same time.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Great cars but would only lease an AMG

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts