Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the weirdest cars you think GM has ever made?

To start the Chevrolet SSR tops my list...

·
Registered
310 Posts
EV-1.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Good choice.
Is the EV1 a precursor of things to come, or just a giant suppository? LOL

Ask GTOguy and Pennymore. They are the resident experts on suppositories. :D
You know alot about the subject Robbie 2 Shoes since thats where you continue to take it. Clean up in the toy section at Walmart. Time to shut down and head back to the basement in your Mom's trailer Robbie 2.

·
Banned
517 Posts
You know alot about the subject Robbie 2 Shoes since thats where you continue to take it. Clean up in the toy section at Walmart. Time to shut down and head back to the basement in your Mom's trailer Robbie 2.
I mentioned you and GTO guy are suppository experts because you are willing to overpay for cars aka take it in the butt, from car companies.

I gotta tell ya, I have no idea what the heck you are saying in your post aboce, and neither does anyone else.
But, if that was an attempt at a insult: You got me good, buddy.

We need more smiley faces in the editor so I can give this guy a thumbs up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
...or just ahead of it's time?

1st Gen Pontiac Tempest
Wait a sec. That 1st gen Tempest was Motor Trend's Car of the Year.;) I did have a '63 with a 4-cyl (half of the 389) with a 4-BBL and 4-speed. And that torque tube. At the time, I thought the car was pretty neat. Well, compared to the '50 Straight 8 it replaced, it was.

As mentioned elsewhere, the Aztek was certainly one of the ugliest cars Pontiac ever put its name on. And yet, its stablemate, the Buick Rendezvous was okay. The SSR also got hit with the ugly stick.

Some cars just didn't live up to the promise that earlier models made. Compare the '78 Riviera to the bob-tails. Well, you can't. The '78 Riv was a LeSabre gussied up.

Sometimes GM just did weird things. Like not having air conditioning available on the '86 Grand Prix 2+2. If the car had a pure racing engine, I could understand that, but with a stock 5.0L v/8?

·
Registered
16 Posts
...or just ahead of it's time?
Tempest Super Duty
Don't laugh at the Tempest SD until you've driven one for about a quarter mile. It's basically the 1963 Catalina 421 SD driveline parked under a Tempest shell. Okay, that doesn't answer the question, "Why?" Now, if anyone has an original '63 Cat or GP with the dual-quad SD, and you're looking for a place to store it, I might be able to help you out. I'll even take it out for a short drive once in a while. As indicated earlier, no more than a quarter mile at a time.

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
I'm not using "weird" to equate to anything negative, bad, poorly-designed, etc...better to say weird = unconventional ICO early Tempest.

In the weird, in general, maybe Buick Reatta or Cadillac Allante.

The list could be very long, and no one would agree completely with the picks of others...that doesn't make me right and everyone else wrong, or vice-versa.....it's opinion. No one has to accept it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts