Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
TOST for short. :wink

Kicking off an official West region spotted thread.

I'm in the Pacific NW, on the border of Oregon and Washington. Frequently in the Portland area, and that's where my three sightings have been.

1) Can't recall the date, would have been early '15, spotted a SIM on Sunnyside Rd in Clackamas near the Town Center mall.

2) Saturday in early May 2015: on highway 26 westbound near Boring, OR... looked like a black SS on its way down 26 coming back from the Suburban Auto Spring Cruise In.

3) Mid March 2016, on Stark St at a light between Kane Dr and 242nd. White SS, '14 or '15. Female driver.

Those are my first three. Please post up when you spot an SS anywhere in the West region.

Happy hunting! :thumbsUp:

·
Registered
204 Posts
At the dealership in Colorado Springs a bit over a month ago, supposedly for a brake squeal fix when I brought mine in:

Also encountered this driver while getting some Chipotle for the wife and I, also in Colorado Springs:

Man, the red guy's car was loud! Sounded good, though. There's also a black one I've seen around town once or twice. No pics of that one. It was long ago, back when I first got the SS, and before my dash cam came in.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
At the dealership in Colorado Springs a bit over a month ago, supposedly for a brake squeal fix when I brought mine in:

Also encountered this driver while getting some Chipotle for the wife and I, also in Colorado Springs:

Man, the red guy's car was loud! Sounded good, though. There's also a black one I've seen around town once or twice. No pics of that one. It was long ago, back when I first got the SS, and before my dash cam came in.
I'm in the springs too...the red one/burnt orange looking one I know of him...I see him at local car meets .....he was mad I think when I got my ss....I seen two black ones in Colorado Springs also...one just the other day he just bought cruising north on i25 ....we owned the highway that day.....seen the other black .one a year or so ago....heading north on academy ...female driver ...we raced ...she won we laughed and I went home to cry ( I was in a Dodge Dart at the time) ....I seen her again at a court house downtown last month ...

The above one in the picture ...l I haven't seen that one around .... That makes 6 in Colorado Springs

·
Registered
50 Posts
Saw a blacked out PBM, including smoked tail light lenses, coming down Kennydale hill on 405 in Renton recently. Haven't seen any SS's since then.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Beach Blvd

Spotted HW, unknown year. southbound Beach Blvd, in the left turn lane. First car in line. At Maybe Heil???

Blacked out windows.

I was headed south in Fast lane laying on the horn Cause some dipSH*t needed to cross three lanes from the curb to make it into the left turn lane.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Suprised you haven't seen me around! I frequent those areas as Iive in Vancouver along the 205 corridor and spend a decent amount of time in and around portland.

I drive a 2015 Perfect Blue SS.

Haven't spotted another PB SS in the area yet, but I have seen a HW one near Jantzen Beach, and a SLIHR SS sitting opposite me at the intersection of SR500 and Mill Plane in Vancouver a few weeks ago.

Now that it's getting nice out, we should meet up sometime. I just moved to the area recently from Arizona.

·
Registered
523 Posts
While going to see Van Halen last year I seen the SS for the first time. It was Mystic Green. I posted it and mistakenly posted it was the darker green at the time. I seen it heading north on Rt234 in the Woodbridge/Manassas area of VA. I seen this car again at Potomac Mills Mall a few months later.

There is two black SS'es on the Quantico base. One of which is an employee at the McDonalds. The other one was seen at the Subway near Q-Town.

On April 1st, I seen a white one in Dumfries. They stopped to let me out of my inlaw's neighborhood, near 234 and Rt1.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've still only spotted one SS in the wild. I was doing traffic control for the fire department last November in the little town of Gaston, OR (pop around 600) when I saw this SS pull into the only restaurant in town. At first I thought it was my GF in our '15 HW SS because we often go to this restaurant and we only live about 3 miles away. I've seen it once since then at the same venue but I've never had the time to talk to the owner.

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
The above one in the picture ...l I haven't seen that one around .... That makes 6 in Colorado Springs
They had a UCCS Alumni plate surround, so they're probably local. No idea where, though.

·
Registered
392 Posts
It took me 31K miles to spot an SS in the wild while driving my SS. Took a 700 mile road trip this past weekend ( hit 33,333 miles last night) and saw a green SS on Friday and a red SS last night (Monday).

Driving home from work (Tuesday) I spotted a 2016 SS with temp tag on it. I had looked at that exact car a month ago at a dealer about 35 miles away.

Here's the 2016 SS when I was looking at it last month.

Didn't get a pic of the red SS

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh cool. Was that black '16 the one in Newburg? I saw it on the Chevy inventory search while I was waiting for mine.

Very pleased it has found a home already.

BTW, Mr Monte, I think my dealer salesman spotted your car several weeks ago. He'd taken a vacation to the coast and told me he spotted a 14/15 black SS automatic. Somewhere in the Seaside area.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Oh cool. Was that black '16 the one in Newburg? I saw it on the Chevy inventory search while I was waiting for mine.

Very pleased it has found a home already.

BTW, Mr Monte, I think my dealer salesman spotted your car several weeks ago. He'd taken a vacation to the coast and told me he spotted a 14/15 black SS automatic. Somewhere in the Seaside area.
That '16 was from Newberg and I'm pretty sure that was my car he saw in Seaside. There is a red SS that makes it rounds in Seaside as well but I haven't talked to them yet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Spotted my first one today! About 6:30 pm peacock green headed north on 87th street in Vancouver WA. I passed you the opposite direction in a PBM 2015!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
610 Posts
Spotted a HW 2016 out in Lithia Springs, GA at Maxim and Thornton Rd. Looked good, the rims are what caught my eye. 3rd SS I've ever seen on the road and they have all been white.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Clackamas, OR, Costco parking lot, 06/01/16

My brother texted me when he saw his first one in the wild aside from mine.

Heron White, 2015 (I think... looked like rear Brembos in the fuzzy pic)

Aftermarket wheels of some kind.

Anyone on here?

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Took 31K miles to see my 1st SS in the wild while driving mine. Hit 40K miles yesterday and have seen many since. I saw a red, white and a black one in the last 24hr and all at different locations.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Today I saw a 2015 PB in North Phoenix on the way home with the license plate I wanted! "HLDN ON". It had the Holden exterior conversion so at least the plate went to a good home. I rolled down my window and let him know that I have a 16 (I was in my wife's car) but we were driving so not sure he understood. If you're here, howdy!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sharing again because I didn't know here was a specific su forum for this!

Was heading west on I-84 in Portland OR today and thought I spotted some SS tail lights up ahead of me but couldn't fully tell, about four cars between us, didn't see a Chevy emblem and the roof was black. Got in the middle lane to catch up and sure enough it was a Holden badged SS, '14 or '15 if those were the stock rims. Pretty sweet Washington vanity plates. We were driving our Flex since we were hauling our bikes, sad I didn't have my SS so I we could share a knowing nod. Actually the first SS I have ever seen on the road (other than mine).

1 - 20 of 289 Posts