Chevy SS Forum banner

81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
To each their own, but for me that is one ugly duckling!
:oops:
Take the jet intake off the hood and you have a 49-53 Caddy.
Its actually on display most of the time at the Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation,,, up in Dearborn,, and FWIW,, it looks pretty spectacular up close and personal,,, as an example of Harley Earl's design genius,,,, AFIAC!!!!

;)

·
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
The Buick Y-Job is located,,, and will always BE located,, in the private collection at the GM Design Center!!!! It is RARELY seen in public,, and was featured on a recent episode of Jay Leno's Garage,,, and Leno was allowed to drive it at Burbank Airport for the episode!!! Apparently,,, he is like one of the ONLY non GM Employees ever allowed that privelege,,,, Lucky #$%^!!!!!

😎

·
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #85 (Edited)
Since we are on the topic of legendary Buick's,,,,,

Look at THIS,,,

SOOOO as it happens,,,,, this car is located at the Boulevard Cadillac/Buick/GMC store in Signal Hill, California,,, AND,,, one of our respected members,,, @SJR92647 is a service advisor, and recently began working there!!!

I will be over there tomorrow to have his EXCELLENT technician that knows our SS's and has proven himself worthy recently,, on @Run it 's 14 which (he posted this one up) had to have the fuel pump and harness replaced when it shorted and burned,,, to have him look at my drivers door window seal,, which has started folding under when I raise the glass!! It is so far only the second issue I have ever had with my SS,,, the first one was the driveshaft center carrier bushing,, when I had about 10K on the clock!!

I cant wait to just have a look at this car,,, just for $#!ts and grins!! They keep on the inside sales floor, in front of the owners office!!! Just wish I could hit a lotto ticket and buy the [email protected] thing for the 200K they want for it!!!

😎

·
Premium Member
14,825 Posts
The Buick Y-Job is located,,, and will always BE located,, in the private collection at the GM Design Center!!!! It is RARELY seen in public,, and was featured on a recent episode of Jay Leno's Garage,,, and Leno was allowed to drive it at Burbank Airport for the episode!!! Apparently,,, he is like one of the ONLY non GM Employees ever allowed that privelege,,,, Lucky #$%^!!!!!

😎
The Heritage Center is closed to the public**; nay all but the highest levels of GM employees. Of all the folks I know; only 2 are high enough to be able to enter.

**The 'venue' can be rented; however, the displayed vehicles rotate and are not the most significant of the 600 +/- possessed.

Reactions: wilkin4 and ESindon

·
Premium Member
14,825 Posts

The Desert Glow is a buddy's ... from inside the bowels ...

·
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
2 good items posted up on Motorius today!!!

THIS!!

And THIS!!!

The 2JZ is truly one of the most spectacular engine designs of the last Millennia!! My overall favorite Japanese engine of all time!!! There is a regular participant down at Donut Derelicts that has an open roadster, sporting an 1100 HP build on a 2JZ, thats just insane!!! I will for sure grab a couple of pix of it next time I go!!!

😎

·
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Just gotta love stories like this one!!!

Of course,,,, he's,,,, (AHEM) Eccentric,,, but the stuff he has is gonna hopefully, make its way into the right hands to properly restore all his "Projects",,,, someday!!!

:unsure:

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Sadly, this prototype trim never made it into production. Perfect car for the era where drive-in movies were still a thing.

1970 Country Squire with leisure pit interior

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Reminds me of the swivel buckets from early to mid 70s GM stuff that did see production.

Wonder how those held up in crashes...

·
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Here is an interesting combo!!! THAT RUNS 8'S!!!!!

Whats not to appreciate here??? Keepin it Chevrolet,,, and with my fave,,,, a 2JZ built to kill!!!!

😎

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Sadly, this prototype trim never made it into production. Perfect car for the era where drive-in movies were still a thing.

1970 Country Squire with leisure pit interior

View attachment 285084
Reminds me of wagon Dean Martin had in Matt Helm movie where the Agent slept overnight somewhere near Alamogordo, NM...lol

Years later put a Futon in my 1991 Chevy Sport Truck with Snug Top Shell and lowered suspension. One Friday after work commuted home from WSMR, NM with six other co-workers (including all the ladies from the Software Team) with a Case of Beer on Ice. Wish I had that 454SS instead for pulling that mountain pass with A/C on Blast back into town!

·
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
81 - 100 of 110 Posts