Chevy SS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #61

·
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Classic Crash Testing,,, from back in the day!!!

Amazing that there are any of us still here,,, from that era!!! Notice,, they only include the FRONT end crash test,,, of the PINTO!!!!

🤣

·
Premium Member
1,644 Posts
THAT was an enjoyable watch...thanks for sharing

Bill

Reactions: ESindon

·
Super Moderator
6,233 Posts
If all of those recent ones were quietly vandalized, they were just peaceful protests...

Reactions: ESindon

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
That was an interesting video. Couple of things popped out after a cursory quick view. It's not a GNX, just a regular old Grand National. This was a labor of love for somebody. I'm thinking that it cost at least 40 grand to bring that rust bucket back to life. It would have been worth it if it was one of the 547 GNX's made in '87, but truth to tell, an original well kept GN can be had for $25-30K. No disrespect to the guys that made it happen; I'm all for saving these cars! One glaring repair error that leapt off the screen--they re-welded the notorious crack in the driver's side header (engineering defect) rather than replacing it with an aftermarket. They'll be hearing exhaust leaking on that side before 2K miles, trust me. A sh!t ton of work went into that.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I actually got signed up so I could bid on that thing. It really checks all the boxes for me! But once it blew past $60K the thought of owning it did too...

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Went on Carvana today just to see what they would put my car value at, and I was honest in my description. I have a 2014 with 41,000 miles, and they gave it a value of $32,600, which surprised me, because I paid $32,000 for it three years ago. Not sure it would really bring that much, and it was private sale number, not a trade in amount.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Went on Carvana today just to see what they would put my car value at, and I was honest in my description. I have a 2014 with 41,000 miles, and they gave it a value of $32,600, which surprised me, because I paid $32,000 for it three years ago. Not sure it would really bring that much, and it was private sale number, not a trade in amount.
They offered me $40,500 for my '13 V Coupe. If you'll look on Cars.com and elsewhere, the V2s are really going for some high numbers (granted, low mileage counts a lot.) With the uncertainty that may be heading our way, I believe a lot of people will be trading in some of their toy collections in for $$$. Still think our SS's are going to be future collectables.

·
Premium Member
14,798 Posts
Maybe I shouldn't have listened to my "friend in Warren" who when I asked the latest date I could order a V-Sportwagon guaranteeing it would be built said "don't; wait ... "

Yeah now a free ride had I got it; but the SS is better all around in my opinion. So much so I took a bath $$$ wise on my '14 (thanks 20% off sale killing used values back then) to get my '17 (no 20% when it arrived) to treat my hemorrhoids better on these crappy PA roads.

·
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Posted up on Motorious this morning!! A beautiful story of nostalgia and priceless sentimental value!!!! Keeping something precious and avoiding the trauma of infinite regrets!!! This one clearly tugs at my heartstrings,, and is a reminder of why I intend to keep my cars in the family,,, even hopefully after I am gone!!! There have been too many in my lifetime,,, "That got away" and I wish I had never parted with!!! (The 69 L78/M22 Chevelle being on the top of that list!!!)!!

:cool:

·
Premium Member
14,798 Posts
Reactions: Pinetree

·
Super Moderator
13,953 Posts
To each their own, but for me that is one ugly duckling!
:oops:
Take the jet intake off the hood and you have a 49-53 Caddy.

·
Premium Member
14,798 Posts
61 - 80 of 109 Posts