Chevy SS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #41
These cars are rare and IMHO, quite interesting and beautiful in their own right!! UN fortunately,,,, both were either damaged or totaled, along with the rest of Mr. Cerveny's collection, during the Wollsey fire that ravaged most of the Malibu/Ventura coast region back in 2018!!

The loss of ANY rare and iconic vehicle is always a tragedy, and the Hudson pictured in the video is particularly sad as it was truly one of one!! BUT,,, even though the fire destroyed and MELTED the body on the Norman Timms special,,, Mr. Cerveny is committed to restoring it once again,,, from the ground up,, using Bespoke fabrication methods. This is one of those cars that tell a story of its origin and its inspiration, and is worthy of effort, and expense,,, no matter how much it takes, AFAIAC!!!

Posted up on Autoblog!!! Have a look!!!

馃槑

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #42
Virtual C and C!!!

I am posting this up in this thread, cuz the Petersen Automotive Museum is of course,,, one of the BEST C and C events,, on the planet!!! There are ALWAYS a bevy of the worlds most rare, famous, and Iconic cars displayed, both in the parking lot, and inside the venue!!! As many of you know,,, I (and my 90 year old Dad!!), are regulars at this event!!! Of course,,, the SS is always placed in a prominent location, and usually the topic of many interesting conversations!!!

WELLLL,, the writer of this piece,,, looks quite familiar to me as I am sure we have interacted several times over the years!!! Lo and Behold,,,,, we are prominently mentioned (Holdens!!), so I am re posting this link for all to consider!!!

I will attempt to gather a video and post up for the next event!! You are all welcome to join in (and I hope you DO!!)!!

馃槑

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #44
once might be enough for me.....think it may be too much of a snob-fest, but maybe I'm wrong. Would like to think car guys are car guys....
Hey Bill!!

Yeah!! Car folks,,, are car folks!!! I find that there are far more "Snobs" at most of the local/regional events, than at the Petersen!!! This event seems to bridge that gap quite nicely!!! I have had wonderful interactions with everyone from myself (NOT a rich guy!!),,, to BILLIONAIRES!!! One of the most avid participants is someone that I consider a good friend/acquaintance, who is possibly one of the most accessible billionaires in the world!!! He is also the most important patron of the Petersen, as he is the Chairman of the trust!!! That's Bruce Meyer, himself!!!

He is very aware of the blessings that put him in that position, and does not distance himself from the crowd!!! He loves to make EVERYBODY feel welcome and part of the show!!! He will talk to anyone, about anything having to do with the love of motorsport!!! He is most definitely NOT a SNOB,,, and he surely has the collection that would make snobs of most of US!!!

The cars are a great equalizer!!! It does not matter if you bring a Pinto, or an 8 figure Ferrari,,, we all love our cars, no matter where they fall in the spectrum!!! Bruce has gone to great lengths and expense to make everyone rich or poor,, feel that they are appreciated for their participation!! He knows that we have to keep this culture alive in the current political climate, where the state of Calizuela, has bad intentions for all of us GearHeads!!! He puts his money where his mouth is so to speak, by spending out of pocket every month to keep this event (and the Museum itself!!) alive!!!

We need more folks like him,, that will step up and keep the culture going, and inviting to the next generation,,, which is a daunting task at this point, in this political climate!!!

OK,, Stepping down from my soap box now!!! Carry on!!!

馃槑

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #45
Posted up on Motorious today!!

I'm not sure that this one doesn't belong in the Definition of Insanity thread,,, or an episode of HOARDERS!!!!! Every last one of these deserves to be restored, fixed, and driven,,, AFAIAC!! This collection is just SICK!! Must be nice to be RICH!! I'll never know!!!

:unsure:

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #46
Never mind those "Ghouls" over at the "Graveyard"!!! Preservation of originals ROCKS!!!

How cool is THIS guy???

馃槑

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #48
This one is making the rounds again!!

I love this build!!! Its nice that this ride did not end up with Hydraulics, Neon paint, and a tuck and roll interior, sporting fake fur trim!!!

Very Iconic,,, AFAIAC!!!

馃槑

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #49
Speaking earlier of Bruce Meyer,,, and lo and behold,,, The Petersen releases,,,,,

THIS!!!

(Pt 1)

AND,,,

(PT 2)

馃槑

Registered
This one is making the rounds again!!

I love this build!!! Its nice that this ride did not end up with Hydraulics, Neon paint, and a tuck and roll interior, sporting fake fur trim!!!

Very Iconic,,, AFAIAC!!!

馃槑
That's better than my first GF who attended Bronx HS of Science who later got my full NROTC scholarship...after Pearl she got posted to Watch Base near Eureka, CA

Learned to drive on '68 yellow Catalina, black droptop, and 400 Olds V8...maybe that's why I got that 2010 Transformers Edition 2SS/RS Camaro?

Thanks Dr. Sindon for repressed memory therapy...it all makes sense now!
LOL

Reactions: ESindon

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #52
Back in the day,,, when we once had CAR SHOWS... I often postulated to the young folks that were in attendance,,, that the most expensive commodity on planet earth,,, was NOT the necessities!!! IT IS NOSTALGIA!!! AND,, it becomes more valuable the older you get!!! No matter what crises may befall humanity!!!!

;)

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #53
CON MAN GOES BANKRUPT!!!

Insane Bankruptcy Auction coming up this fall!!! Included are over 240 lots and they are all superb examples!!!

Check it out and pay special attention to the 7th photo as you scroll down!! Not only did this Fraudster have a gang of iconic rides in this collection,,,, he has one of our ultimate favorites too!!! I had to see one of these already installed at the Henry Ford Museum to get up close and personal!!!

He might be a grifter,,, but he does have excellent taste in cars!!!

馃槑

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #54
SIGH!!!!!!

The G8 ST, that never happened!!!

Posted up on C and D today!!!

Iconic,,,, AFAIAC!!! I sure woulda bought one back then!! This really is just an unabashed advertisement for Left Hand Utes!!

馃槩

Registered
SIGH!!!!!!

The G8 ST, that never happened!!!

Posted up on C and D today!!!

Iconic,,,, AFAIAC!!! I sure woulda bought one back then!! This really is just an unabashed advertisement for Left Hand Utes!!

馃槩
I remember GM or GMC had an online contest for providing a proper name this Sport Truck.
I submitted "BRUTE".

Guess we all Lost...

Registered
I remember GM or GMC had an online contest for providing a proper name this Sport Truck.
I submitted "BRUTE".

Guess we all Lost...
Maybe a John Moss or Bob Lutz visionary type at VinFast will bring to market a Brute version of their LUX V8. With that LT1 V8 I can swiftly drive from NM to Westminster SoCal or from Athens to DC
and load up on Banh Mi sandwiches...lol

Reactions: ESindon

Premium Member
I submitted "BRUTE".

Guess we all Lost...
I remember this too but thought it was Pontiac...I had an '06 GTO at the time but it may have been a link on the GTO Forum for the naming contest...I may have suggested Sprint like the GMC version of the El Camino in the early '70s but I like BRUTE better...

Bill

Reactions: Drone

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #58
OK!!! Yeah,,, its cool,,, BUT,,, just wrong on so many levels!!! I am certain that @JayJ will agree with me!!!

ESPECIALLY since the original power train, and components, were intact and surely rebuild-able!!! This hodgepodge of parts is shameful!!! Just shameful,,, AFAIAC!!!
馃槩

Registered
Yeah, he could have used a Monte Carlo or some other G Body. Even a non GN Regal. But, hell, that's hot rodding....

41 - 60 of 94 Posts