Chevy SS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
A Million Miles!

But the owners story is even more interesting than just a beautiful Red 356 with, with a 7 figure odometer!!! I know a lot of you here will relate to, and appreciate this life story. It strikes a chord with me, for sure!! Perseverance, and survival,, despite the odds and circumstances encountered on such a long journey together!!!

:wink

·
Registered
3,585 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,195 Posts
The actual #3 Eleanor car!!! (They built 3, 1 was smashed up, 1 was beat on for 2nd units,, and this,,, as we say in the movie biz,,, the HERO car,, for all the important close up work!) (EDIT! They built about a dozen "shells" for the 2nd unit scenes of utter destruction!!)
As gritty and "cheesy" - B or C grade - as it is, for those that have seen the FIRST "Gone in 60 Seconds", I'll take that version, directed by and starring H.B. Halicki and a cast of unknowns, and the original Eleanor (if the car had a name in the first movie), since it ties in with my Navy time spent in Long Beach in that period (movie released in 1974). The action scenes with the Mustang were hard core, just as much as McQueen in Bullitt.

Many famous/iconic cars, certainly, could be here all night thnikng of more!

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Posted up on C and D this morning,, is a bit of a recap on Monterrey Car Week!!!!

Interesting!!! I know the guy with the LS3 Pacer at the Concurs D'Lemons!!! He is a regular at Ruby's!!!!

I have had this bucket list item on my agenda for way tooo long!!! H3LL or High Water,,,,, I am attending next years festivities!!!!

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a28688485/pebble-beach-monterey-2019-car-week-live-updates/

/forum/images/SSforums_vbtoucan//smilies/tango_face_smile.png
I like that Acura Type S concept. Please tell me why GM can't come up with something sharp like that.

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Cars And Coffee,,,, With!!!

The master of ceremonies,,,, none other than,,,,, Jay Leno!!!!

At the Petersen Automotive Museum, monthly Cars and Coffee (With Bagels AND,, Cream Cheese no less!!), this morning!! There are always fantastic examples of all things, from every conceivable genre, and the crowds lined up early today folks!!!

Cut to the chase,,, and Jay awards the best in show to a 1957 Ferrari 250GT, LWB, TDF Zagato Double Bubble. One of only 2 of the 3 Zagatos ever created. 2 Bubbles,,, and 1 Flat Roof. The only one to ever wear White over Blue. Truly Spectacular, this car was on the golf course at the Concurs last week!!!

Always nice to have Jay and his Cohorts on hand!! Of course,,, Jeff Dunham, and the man himself,,, Bruce Meyer,, who makes this event possible for any Angelinos to participate!!!!

:smile

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
STUNNING!!! JUST GORGEOUS!! AFAIC!!!

Most certainly evokes design elements going back to the E-Type Jags, that Enzo once jealously opined as "The Most Beautiful Car EVER designed!!".

Thanks again,,, C and D for posting up!!!

?

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Now THIS is certainly worthy of posting up here!!!

At one time, (1960), it was the most expensive custom ever created!! I see design elements here that in one way or the other,,, either inspired,,, or capitalized on,,, a myriad of design concepts, from everyone of note, back in the day, (Harley Earl, Raymond Loewy,, George Barris,,,,,)!! Some of which carry forth to modern times too (Love that stance!!)!!!!

Now in all fairness,,,, (Tongue Firmly In Cheek!!!),, I can see how this may have inspired,,,,,

THIS!!!

?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Back when a Dodge was cool! Even when the last scene sucks...
edit: Tried to include video, it will play if you Google URL...
One of my favorite movies. I hated the ending back then, but since I'm an SS fan now I'm Ok it. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
1035 HP, 848 lb/Ft, 250 MILES PER HOUR!!!!

AND reliable TOO!!!!

This car will get you membership to a very exclusive club out at Bonneville!!!! The 200 Mile club!!! Only question for me,,,, WHERE IS THE PARACHUTE!!! Really oughta have one,,,,, you know,,,, just in case!!!

:unsure:

·
Premium Member
14,300 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
YOU and I, as well as this A list of celebrities/wealthy folks are BANNED,,,, from buying a new car from them!!!

In my case,,,, my financial statement is the culprit!!!

?

EDIT: Since most of us are on that list,,, I am reminded of THIS!!

?

·
Premium Member
14,300 Posts
21 - 40 of 63 Posts