1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Of ALL Time!!!

Start with,,,

THIS,,,,, Of Course!!!

AND,,,, IT WILL BE SOLD AT AUCTION,,,, at this years Pebble Beach Concurs!!!! Get those Mega Millions lotto tickets folks!!

THEN!!!

I was at a huge car show on Sunday, out in Oxnard CA, for the National Collector Car Association, 10th annual gathering!! Hosted by Vista Ford of Oxnard!!!

I encountered 2 of some of the OTHER most famous cars of all time!!!

The actual #3 Eleanor car!!! (They built 3, 1 was smashed up, 1 was beat on for 2nd units,, and this,,, as we say in the movie biz,,, the HERO car,, for all the important close up work!) (EDIT! They built about a dozen "shells" for the 2nd unit scenes of utter destruction!!)

AAAANNNDD!!!

The #3 of 3, Ferris Bueller car!!! Also the Hero car! This one made the rounds on the promotional tour!!!

:smile

Attachments

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Never been a Ford guy, but I love the Eleanor Mustang. That and a Shelby Cobra. Would prefer the Mustang though from a daily drive-ability standpoint among other things.

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought you had to be invited to go to that car show. Or is it just the auction I'm thinking of?
Monterrey car week is a series of events that take place all over the peninsula,,, with the "Concurs" being an invite only, soiree!!!

I'm sure that @Clutchfoot being a local resident,,, can elaborate further on the topic for all of us poor folks,,, "Livin In A Van,,, Down By The River!!!!"!!!

:devil

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I thought you had to be invited to go to that car show. Or is it just the auction I'm thinking of?
The only things i know if that are invite only are the The Quail event, McCalls Motorwork Revival, and the private after parties every night.

Some of the auctions require you to register as a bidder to get in and watch. Others charge you a fee to watch, could be $20 to $100+ depending on the particular auction.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Monterrey car week is a series of events that take place all over the peninsula,,, with the "Concurs" being an invite only, soiree!!!

I'm sure that @Clutchfoot being a local resident,,, can elaborate further on the topic for all of us poor folks,,, "Livin In A Van,,, Down By The River!!!!"!!!

:devil
No joke people rent out their primary homes ( stay with family), or rent out storage sheds during the week

There are enough free things though to do that pretty much each year I go to about 10 events without paying an entrance fee. But I down the free booze and appetizers. Dressing the part helps.

I also have a few friends that have gotten me in places in the past. Or you just chat up journalists at the bar that leave their badges behind when they are done. :wink

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For A Few Of Us Here,,,,

An Iconic vehicle for some of us old enough to have had the privilege of owning the best tools,,,, EVER!!!!

This was lovingly done BY HAND, by a 40 year, career, Franchisee!!!! Used by the company,,,, but not acknowledged!!!! Yeah,,, They took him to court,,, and that was LAUGHED off the bench!!! He owns it!!!!

How many of you dropped many of your paychecks in one of,,,,

THESE!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
There's three pages worth of events here. Granted many are multi-day events.

https://whatsupmonterey.com/events/monterey-car-week/1

It all ends with the Concourse D'Elegance being the "main attraction" but it's not the most exclusive or expensive event to get into.

Think of the week as a multi stage music festival, it's impossible to see everything in one year, even if you had all the money and influence in the world.

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hand made Bugatti on Jay Leno's,,,,,

Garage!!!

I am sure many of you watched this being built on "Restoration Garage", and now we get an in depth look at this masterpiece, done by David Grainger!!!!

·
Registered
638 Posts
The actual #3 Eleanor car!!! (They built 3, 1 was smashed up, 1 was beat on for 2nd units,, and this,,, as we say in the movie biz,,, the HERO car,, for all the important close up work!) (EDIT! They built about a dozen "shells" for the 2nd unit scenes of utter destruction!!)
12 Eleanors were built for the 2nd Gone in 60 Seconds

Three Fully Functional cars and Nine Shells - the 3 Functional Cars still exist ( 7R02S211287, 7R02C173895 & the Hero Car 7R02C179710). Seven of the 9 Shells still exist

1 - 20 of 63 Posts