Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
875 Posts
i just got done with these last weekend. 2014 Chevy SS Carbon Fiber Fender Vents!

these are 100% Carbon Fiber! not fake cheesy vinyl or water transfer wanna be "carbon look"! but i know you guys are smart enough not to put that crap on your 50k car right? ;)

anyhow these are pre-lims ones only. i will start taking pre-orders for these soon.

if you guys are interested in these it would be nice to know who is really interested and get a small head count. price should be near what some of the GTO scoops and vents go for which are low $300s for the pair.

these will take some time to finish since i do have tons of GTO and G8 parts to make. however i can make these in between layups and "cooking" but i do have some first priorities first which i am sure you guys understand! ;)

· Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mav have you ever done colored weave carbon?
if not would you consider it?
Hi! actually if it was colored it would not be carbon. carbon only comes in these colors... black, Black, blk, and BLACK.

remember you cannot dye black. If you see colored so called carbon fiber it is NOT carbon fiber AT ALL! it is a fiberglass weave and can be called texalium. they charge you carbon fiber prices when it is not. ;).

also know there are many different ways to produce carbon fiber. Here is a little carbon fiber 101 for you here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.342972992419520.99506.170874572962697&type=3

· Registered
142 Posts
if you guys are interested in these it would be nice to know who is really interested and get a small head count. price should be near what some of the GTO scoops and vents go for which are low $300s for the pair.
I would definitely be interested in a pair once you get the production of them up and running. SS may still not be in my hands, but that doesn't mean I don't have a plan for it.

I would love if I could make some functional side vents, but until I get my hands on the car I won't know what will be needed to get the pass through to the rotor.

· Registered
657 Posts
i just got done with these last weekend. 2104 Chevy SS Carbon Fiber Fender Vents!
So we have to wait 100 years for the 2104 SS to be released and put these on? I'd forget about these long before I get the car! :duel:

Reactions: Maverick Man

· Registered
657 Posts
What is involved in removing the factory fender vents and replacing them? What is easiest way to gain access behind the fender?
Two methods:
Use a plastic trim removal tool to pop them out from outside.

or

Remove the front fender liner to gain access behind them and pop them out.

· Super Moderator
9,765 Posts
Sure hope you consider making carbon fiber bowtie inserts for our cars. I like the look of the vinyl that I used, but it is just vinyl. Sign me up for a pair if you do!

· Registered
857 Posts
Hi! actually if it was colored it would not be carbon. carbon only comes in these colors... black, Black, blk, and BLACK.

remember you cannot dye black. If you see colored so called carbon fiber it is NOT carbon fiber AT ALL! it is a fiberglass weave and can be called texalium. they charge you carbon fiber prices when it is not. ;).

also know there are many different ways to produce carbon fiber. Here is a little carbon fiber 101 for you here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.342972992419520.99506.170874572962697&type=3
Yeah I'm very familiar with carbon having used it on racing motorcycles and even done prototyping with carbon.
What I'm referring to is carbon with colored Kevlar on the offset part of the weave.
If you're not interested that's fine.
I can look elsewhere but your product looks to be good quality with no pinholes in the resin and well finished edges and I like supporting small producers that do good work.

· Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i will try to get these on the car this weekend. and i will also take some more photos of the part.

So we have to wait 100 years for the 2104 SS to be released and put these on? I'd forget about these long before I get the car! :duel:
lol! yes bad typo and thanks to they way this wonderful forum is i can't edit my own posts less then a day later. amazing!

Do you have a photo of those on a black SS? Helps to see what it would look like.
no sorry i don't i just got these done! lol! never the less i haven't seen another SS on the road EVER!

What is involved in removing the factory fender vents and replacing them? What is easiest way to gain access behind the fender?
see here:

http://www.ssforums.com/forum/exterior-interior/6338-changed-chrome-vents-black-vents.html

it is easy. you will need to also take apart your current vents... which is easy and put the hex and light part within my part.

Yeah I'm very familiar with carbon having used it on racing motorcycles and even done prototyping with carbon.
What I'm referring to is carbon with colored Kevlar on the offset part of the weave.
If you're not interested that's fine.
I can look elsewhere but your product looks to be good quality with no pinholes in the resin and well finished edges and I like supporting small producers that do good work.
i have not looked into buying pre-preg kevlar but it would not be an option for me. not only is it expensive and has an expiration date but i wouldn't even be able to use it all. ;)

there are no pin holes because it is vacuumed and autoclaved ;)

· Registered
1,290 Posts
Count me in Mav!! As soon as they're ready I want a pair.They'll be great on my PBM car

· Registered
25 Posts
Maverick man, ill take a pair for sure. Also count me in if you ever build a custom rear diffuser. Something a little more aggressive then stock.
The diffuser idea is interesting. I would think even replacing the stock plastic piece as is would make the whole rear end significantly better.

Nice work so far. Will keep an eye out for future products.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.