1 - 20 of 492 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
777 Posts
this is not "Progressive", stop with the bias baiting. This happened in the court of law by a jury. It is a tragic story of a loss of life and unfortunately sheds more light on the legal systems inability to properly define and regulate law. This is not just a California thing, it happens in every state and in far worse circumstances.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is not "Progressive", stop with the bias baiting. This happened in the court of law by a jury. It is a tragic story of a loss of life and unfortunately sheds more light on the legal systems inability to properly define and regulate law. This is not just a California thing, it happens in every state and in far worse circumstances.

First,,, you don't live out here,, and have no clue how far the needle has shifted over the last 2 decades,, or so!!!

Second,,,, Hence the outrage over the "INSANITY", of the flawed judicial process, that provided this unjust outcome,,, favoring the PERPETRATOR!!! Kate Steinle, the VICTIM here gets NO JUSTICE BECAUSE OF PROCEDURAL TECHNICALITIES!!!!

The prosecutor, as well as the judge that provided such badly flawed instructions oughta be out of work,,, begging for change at a Freeway off ramp as far as I am concerned!!!! That might just be the only "Closure" her family would ever get!!!!

:serious

·
Registered
777 Posts
First, just because my little info tab doesn't say "SoCal" doesn't meant I don't or haven't lived in California. I could easily change it and call every statement you made flawed too.

I am not stating my comments against the flawed legal system so I agree with some of your response.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did Somebody Die, And Leave You In Charge???

First, just because my little info tab doesn't say "SoCal" doesn't meant I don't or haven't lived in California. I could easily change it and call every statement you made flawed too.

I am not stating my comments against the flawed legal system so I agree with some of your response.

I guess I must have missed that obituary, outlining the passing of whatever leader,,, and placing you and your opinion at the top of the food chain!!! MY BAD,, I guess!!!

You even take issue with the relevancy of this section of the forum, and post up drivel like,,, THIS!!

https://www.ssforums.com/forum/3566033-post1.html

No one held a weapon to your head and made you click on my thread pardner!!! You and anyone else that does not wish to participate has the option to IGNORE!!!

Sounds like you moved out of Cali and I guess you must miss it out here??? Little piece of heaven that it is,,, what with all the unthinkably ridiculous garbage both lining the streets, and coming outta nearly every politicians mouth!!

Its the underlying politic of the entire CaliZuela judicial system that has spurred the decline of the state as it is right now!! If you dont accept that as pretty well documented fact, in whatever passes for the "Press" these days, take off the rose colored blinders you have on. I have stated from post #1,, that this is IMHO!!

:serious

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Here's an actual picture of the arresting officers working another case:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Super Moderator
5,815 Posts
Interesting. I guess I better not flip anyone off then, it may be considered sexual assault at this point. Seems tragic that as our first, second and fourth amendment rights are slowly eroding, society seems more offended by "misgendering" someone, you know, because you mistakenly used the wrong proper pronoun based on an adams apple and razor stubble... :shrug:

·
Registered
777 Posts
I guess I must have missed that obituary, outlining the passing of whatever leader,,, and placing you and your opinion at the top of the food chain!!! MY BAD,, I guess!!!
LOL, this is idiotic and not relevant to any statements made on the page

You even take issue with the relevancy of this section of the forum, and post up drivel like,,, THIS!!
https://www.ssforums.com/forum/3566033-post1.html
I have thought of this off topic section as a cesspool of this forum since I joined, today did not spark my decision to open a new thread in an attempt to better this forum.

No one held a weapon to your head and made you click on my thread pardner!!! You and anyone else that does not wish to participate has the option to IGNORE!!!
I am simply taking advantage of the freedoms being a member on this forum allows.

Sounds like you moved out of Cali and I guess you must miss it out here??? Little piece of heaven that it is,,, what with all the unthinkably ridiculous garbage both lining the streets, and coming outta nearly every politicians mouth!!
Sounds like someone doesn't like where they live and is too afraid or inept to better their surroundings or their own livelihood. Or maybe there is no place that would allow that which would satisfy you.

Its the underlying politic of the entire CaliZuela judicial system that has spurred the decline of the state as it is right now!! If you dont accept that as pretty well documented fact, in whatever passes for the "Press" these days, take off the rose colored blinders you have on. I have stated from post #1,, that this is IMHO!!
It is my opinion that governments and voices of the people are only given their power by the people. There are factions of people that rule by wealth and privilege and there are factions that seek to tear down the walls leaving what they believe to be equality to breathe. who is right and who is wrong is for the people to decide.

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
This is old news, thanks a lot, now I've been pissed off about this story twice. That POS should not have even been to this country when he shot that girl. Contrary to many left thinkers this would NEVER fly in any other county! We are being made fun of by many many countries around the world. The UAE would have probably killed him then kicked his body out of the country. Canada would have never let him in in the first place. We probably don't want to know what his home counrty of Mexico would have done to him if this happened there. Wake up America!

·
Registered
777 Posts
this is a failure on the prosecution and the ambiguity of the law which was called into question. This is not a left vs right etc thing. Federal charges will stick but nothing will change with the laws, the availability of a homeless illegal immigrants ability to find or procure a weapon (which resulted in a misfire or accident, there is NO evidence this was intentional murder), or the fact we continue to fail at relationship building with our neighbors to the south which would aid in deportation and incarceration better than some BS border, catch and release or any other dumb idea that is statistically proven flawed or historical evidence to the contrary.

The prosecution tried for:
1st degree murder - this was a waste but they had to try everything (based on the law as it is written)
2nd degree murder - this should have stuck and the prosecution failed to get the correct jury or failed to provide what the jury needed to sway them (my opinion)
involuntary manslaughter - last resort which also should have stuck (my opinion)
felon in possession of a gun - this should have stuck but due to ambiguity of the law the jury thought otherwise (my opinion)

Ref:
https://www.npr.org/2019/08/30/756136254/appeals-court-reverses-gun-conviction-in-kate-steinle-killing

oh and this kind of stuff happens in other countries too. the term and laws regarding immigrants are very much different too.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I have thought of this off topic section as a cesspool of this forum since I joined, today did not spark my decision to open a new thread in an attempt to better this forum.
The Lounge is a cesspool yet you keep posting here why?
Hmm, is this a multiple choice?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
because I can.......
That wasn't one of the answers I was gonna list.
Be sure to put on your floaties before you venture out of the shallow end, the water gets rougher where the big kids swim.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
this is a failure on the prosecution and the ambiguity of the law which was called into question. This is not a left vs right etc thing. Federal charges will stick but nothing will change with the laws, the availability of a homeless illegal immigrants ability to find or procure a weapon (which resulted in a misfire or accident, there is NO evidence this was intentional murder), or the fact we continue to fail at relationship building with our neighbors to the south which would aid in deportation and incarceration better than some BS border, catch and release or any other dumb idea that is statistically proven flawed or historical evidence to the contrary.

The prosecution tried for:
1st degree murder - this was a waste but they had to try everything (based on the law as it is written)
2nd degree murder - this should have stuck and the prosecution failed to get the correct jury or failed to provide what the jury needed to sway them (my opinion)
involuntary manslaughter - last resort which also should have stuck (my opinion)
felon in possession of a gun - this should have stuck but due to ambiguity of the law the jury thought otherwise (my opinion)

Ref:
https://www.npr.org/2019/08/30/756136254/appeals-court-reverses-gun-conviction-in-kate-steinle-killing

oh and this kind of stuff happens in other countries too. the term and laws regarding immigrants are very much different too.
Yes agreed, I think it was a failure of the prosecution. And conserning the other countries, agreed again, he would have never been there in the first place because they actually follow their own immigration laws, not ignore them like here.

As for the left verses right thing, I disagree, this is a very left state and it is the Ca left that legislates these non-laws. It is the left that ignores immigration laws. Again, if it wasn't for the left Californian's this guy would have not even been here to shoot that girl. I could be wrong but it seems to me it's the right that are wanting border security. If the left are for border security they have a funny way of showing it.

Look up prop 47 for a small example of the left's bright ideas and there consequences. People don't even call the cops around here anymore, it's a waste of time....F ing sad and maddening.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/01/californias-proposition-47-crime-and-no-consequences/

Drove through Utah not long ago, didn't want to leave. Someday they will need their own border security I'm thinkin'. ;)

AND another thing, why can't I go to my own member page? It just hangs....Why don't "they" fix it? I want my money back! ahahaha

1 - 20 of 492 Posts