Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going to be my entry of what I have done and what I have gained with every mod that I buy and put on or in the car. Stock I did 351 RWHP and 348 FT Lbs. Which is pretty much in line with what GM rated the LS3 that came in the SS. Now I have finally installed a complete exhaust system from the headers on back to the mufflers.

Stainless Works 1 7/8th LT's with highflow cats and 3 " exhaust until about a foot before the Corsa Mufflers since it is 2 1/2 so had to make 2, foot long modded pipes that connect the larger SS stuff to the Corsa inlets. After this I now am at 384 RWHP and 375 Ft Lbs almost 35 HP gain and all without a tune. But like most I now have the dreaded cats are not up to operating temp codes for the down stream O2 sensors. But until I finally track down the intake that I decide on I can just live with the CEL until spring since the SS is probably going into long term storage mid Nov.

Only thing that I am not happy is how long I waited to get everything Corsa was just 2 weeks. SS works was almost 3 months!!!!! I ordered everything on Jun 17th and it took until Sept 4th before I got everything. Then another 3 weeks waiting until the garage had an empty spot. I could of done it myself but not having a lift would of been harder and longer even waiting until the first week of Oct to get the work done.

Pros and cons the exhaust under acceleration is loud, not ear bursting but louder than the stock so toying around town is and can be problematic. But driving just at constant speed it is no louder than stock, but again anything accelerating and it does give out a deep tone. After 500 miles I'll have it checked out and make sure nothing has shifted or moved and if not then it should be good to go for the rest of it's life.

This is dyno numbers after the install.

SS Works/ Corsa exhaust

Stock rear

This is stock

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Been busy and probably spent the most on the vehicle this year at a little over $ 3,000 on tires and tune/intake to replace the original 970's with Bridgestone 04 Polepositions and a Rotofab intake and a tune to bring it to 402 RWHP. Yes I know they didn't erase the previous car they had on the dyno when they did mine.

The biggest complaint I got about Rotofab is reusing the MAF seal and clamp. they need to either give a 3rd seal like the other 2 that comes with it or just make the box tube slightly bigger rather than 1/4th of an inch bigger, as everytime I tried to cinch it down it would want to move off. So frustrating and totally could of been avoided. But the tune has now woken the car up and has also dealt with my flat spot as I always had that with this car. It is sort of dead at 1/4th throttle or less where the car just sits there not knowing what to do give it 1/2 or more and it goes.

My other 2014 does not have this as it goes no matter where the throttle is. In fact it acts like it has a tune but it does not. Funny how 2 same vehicles have two totally different personalities and dynamics.

Just for comparisons sake I spent close to $17,000 on my 2003 Marauder with the Trilogy S/C kit and 5.0 liter stroker set up with 4.10 rear gears and tune for 428 RWHP and 421 Torque at the rear wheels. And I'm almost within spitting distance of that with just 2 mods and a tune with this car and the SS is far lighter as the Rauder is over 4,000 lbs more like 4,300 vs only 3,950 lbs I was doing high 12,s so I should do similar numbers in the SS.

I also just passed 34,000 miles on #1 so have only put 10,000 miles on her since getting her in Feb 19th 2019.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Weather correction factor.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah Weather Correction Factor. Or this is what your vehicle would do in the perfect atmosphere conditions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts