Chevy SS Forum banner

241 - 252 of 252 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
ANNNNDDD In other news of the day, (As if we didn't already know!!!!),,

THIS!!!

I only wish I had the means,,, cuz I would be joining you if I could!!!

😥
For you, my friend, we have plenty of room for a visit!! But once you get 'that taste in your mouth' of life in Texas, and in the evening you look to the West, and think, 'just what the h3ll am I doing still in 'CaliZuela'?? Just start out by shipping small boxes. then they grow to bigger and better things!! Matter of fact, @Pinetree just moved two more boxes of my stuff into the shop before we arrive!! Fedex just loves me!!

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
For you, my friend, we have plenty of room for a visit!!
Woohoo! Party at Headrats!!
🥂🍻🍴🥩🍷🥧🥃🥳🤡o_O🤢🤮:sleep::censored:

·
Premium Member
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
Even with rain and chill in the air and keeping her up all night traveling, the dear lady that I call Mrs. Headrat has given me another day of life in Abilene!! She has approved of our property purchase!!! Matter of fact she has taken over some of the planning for what we will eventually end up with when we are finally out of 'CaliZuela'. Wow, what a relief!! When @Pinetree dropped us off this morning he knew she would like it. He was so correct. This blog will now really turn in to a "stay tuned" sort of thing. Already planning trips to various stores to get 'stuff'. Stay tuned-------

·
Premium Member
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
Looks like my last post was 28 days ago!! Well, there is a reason for the long time from my last post. Mrs. Headrat thoroughly enjoyed her short stay in Abilene. However, three days in to our 'short' stay, we got a call from her family that her Mom had taken a turn for the worse and the hospital said to get the family together. We made a hasty return to CA. the next morning so she could be with her Mom. I was amazed that we could get a flight out that quick!! It was costly but worth it to get back to the coast. I returned to Abilene about four days later on my scheduled flight. I have since been back and forth and currently am in Abilene again for some things that I had scheduled to get done here. My Mother-In-Law hung on until the morning of Thanksgiving. The Good Lord opened his arms and welcomed her home. Her services are Friday. I will obviously miss them due to some prior arrangements I have here. Her estate was held in a Living Trust with my wife and her sister as co-executors. Things should settle fairly quickly but already possibly not smoothly. We know how family members can be. Once that is done and the big house vacated and both properties sold we will be accelerating our move. The only uphill challenge to our move will be getting moving containers when we need them. PODS does not go to Abilene. A company suggested by @Pinetree called 'COWS', Containers On Wheels has an office close by to our CA. home and an office in Abilene. What remains of my shop in CA. will be the first stuff to go into the first 'COW'. Then the household stuff into the shop for packing and loading into subsequent 'COW's". Why do I like saying "COW's". Good to eat, I guess!! To those of you that still follow this 'blog' I say "Thank You". I'll be here in 'Our Little Piece Of Heaven' until the 18th. The almost three weeks over the holidays that I'll be back in CA. will be very busy. Helping Mrs. Headrat with her family situation and working on our joint situation will be very 'trying'. We may develop a 'limp' getting to the finish line, but we will get there!! Stay tuned------------

·
Premium Member
13,791 Posts
My condolences to you and Mrs. Headrat.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Please convey to Mrs Headrat my hopes that the memory of her beloved mother become a blessing to her (and you).

Moving is stressful, just remember: Nothing worth having is easy and after y'all get settled in you'll know why you went through all the hassle.

·
Super Moderator
13,377 Posts
Hey Headrat, tell Mrs, Headrat "Happy Birthday from Pinetree and Mrs. Pinetree" when you talk tomorrow!
Hope things are going well after your loss.

241 - 252 of 252 Posts