Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 225 Posts

·
Banned
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seeing them on a daily basis, and its not the same one .. how many are there out there?

Tesla is wooing me .. the more i see them, the more like them ...

·
Registered
452 Posts
Look awesome on the outside buy cheap on the inside IMO. They are all over the place up here

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
They are everywhere here on the west coast of FL. See at least a few every day. If they can manage to stay in business and have success selling the Model 3 in 2017, it will likely replace my SS sometime down the road. It will be hard to say no to one that is $45K with some options.

Half-price Tesla Model 3 to be popular company car | Fleet Europe

·
Registered
926 Posts
I'm up to seeing maybe 3-4 a week. That excludes my neighbor who owns one. And this is in Chicagoland, nothing like what you'd see out west.

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
I had never seen one until vacationing in the Tahoe area a couple months ago. I saw 6 Model S's the first day. They do look nice in person.

·
Registered
811 Posts
There's a few in my area here in CT. I see a black, white and silver one pretty regularly.

Reactions: Ssski

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
They're pretty. They're quiet. They're nice inside.

Shame you can't get one with a V-8 and a stick.
The model S has a single speed transmission making a shift it yourself model quite comical. Lots of them here. Electric cars don't suffer power loss at altitude which is hugely attractive.

·
Banned
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The model S has a single speed transmission making a shift it yourself model quite comical. Lots of them here. Electric cars don't suffer power loss at altitude which is hugely attractive.
did you see the 0 - 60 stats? wow!!! the AWD hot rod ..
top speed is not important to me since jail suits and me do not agree!

Tesla is really making me rethink MY hard-line V8 ideology .. wow, THAT unheard of ...
the base model at $52K .. with options can take it to $100K ?
maybe a hack faux V8 to make the car shake & growl, and a make believe manual-shifter ..

Is it FREE refueling if you are close to Tesla plug?
is trunk big enough to carry a small portable Honda generator for long trips where there are not Tesla stations? woooo - that would make it a HYBRID!

:nerd

·
Registered
2014 SS, Heron White, No Sunroof, added OEM spare
3,070 Posts
If you can afford a Tesla and you are diggin' 'em, then why would you own an SS? Why DID you buy an SS?

Reactions: Drew888

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
did you see the 0 - 60 stats? wow!!! the AWD hot rod ..
top speed is not important to me since jail suits and me do not agree!

Tesla is really making me rethink MY hard-line V8 ideology .. wow, THAT unheard of ...
the base model at $52K .. with options can take it to $100K ?
maybe a hack faux V8 to make the car shake & growl, and a make believe manual-shifter ..

Is it FREE refueling if you are close to Tesla plug?
is trunk big enough to carry a small portable Honda generator for long trips where there are not Tesla stations? woooo - that would make it a HYBRID!

:nerd

All of the model S's are very fast. The AWD model is incredible off the line. Test drive one and see if you like it. I was very impressed, but I found the experience quite antiseptic. It was fast without being fun. I think it was lack of the visceral sensations I'm used to and enjoy, such as the thrum of the V8 engine. Akin to masturbation vs. sex, you get there either way, but the less efficient way is a lot more entertaining.

·
Banned
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
If you can afford a Tesla and you are diggin' 'em, then why would you own an SS? Why DID you buy an SS?
IF i can afford it? Tesla S, base, is only about 11% more than SS base .. chump change difference ...

And, when i got the SS, the Tesla was but a toy for environment minded .. now i see it as probably viable transportation .. time will tell .. but i highly believe it is the NEXT future ...

the V8, as much as I and all of us here love it, is a dying breed .. the V8 may well be in the history books, museums, and car shows for our grand kids ...
the writings on the wall are autonomous transportation and no more driving licenses for the masses .. its coming ...
please notice the word "car" is absent ..

·
Banned
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All of the model S's are very fast. The AWD model is incredible off the line. Test drive one and see if you like it. I was very impressed, but 1. I found the experience quite antiseptic. It was fast without being fun. I think it was lack of the visceral sensations I'm used to and enjoy, such as the thrum of the V8 engine. 2. Akin to masturbation vs. sex, you get there either way, but the less efficient way is a lot more entertaining.
1. that is why i said: " .. maybe a hack faux V8 to make the car shake & growl, and a make believe manual-shifter .."

2. You really must watch "Demolion Man", the movie starting Sylvester Stallone, Wesley Snipes, & Sandra Bullock. .. quite a Dystopian future of a Utopian society ...

·
Premium Member
3,022 Posts
They are everywhere. I see 5 different Tesla's every morning during my 6 mile walk with my wife, I see zero Chevy SS's. The Fremont factory is ~45 miles from where I live.

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
They just opened a dealership in Charlotte and it's the strangest thing to look at. It's a normal large dealership building and lot but there are only ~5 Teslas parked across the entire lot. I assume that the actual dealerships that they have opened across the country don't get a lot of cars to sell at this point???

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
They just opened a dealership in Charlotte and it's the strangest thing to look at. It's a normal large dealership building and lot but there are only ~5 Teslas parked across the entire lot. I assume that the actual dealerships that they have opened across the country don't get a lot of cars to sell at this point???

I have a feeling that when the $35-40k Model 3 is finally available, that lot will be well used. I'm pretty sure they will sell a lot of those.

·
Registered
537 Posts
With gas so cheap these days, it is a tough proposition for Tesla. The battery/electric car tech moving so fast, I don't like my car being obsolete in a few years.

·
Premium Member
3,022 Posts
I'll wait for plutonium. Golf ball size chunk should be able to power an average car for 8-10 years so I should get at least half that and no worries about needing a charging station.

·
Banned
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll wait for plutonium. Golf ball size chunk should be able to power an average car for 8-10 years so I should get at least half that and no worries about needing a charging station.
Ford Nucleon, 1958 ...
there is one a the Peterson Museum ...

·
Banned
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
With gas so cheap these days, it is a tough proposition for Tesla. The battery/electric car tech moving so fast, I don't like my car being obsolete in a few years.
You are driving one already .. the SS ...
it was obsolete before the last one rolled off the assy line ...

the world is going electric, and progress is accelerating ...
the TESLA is not new tech, it is old tech, improving fast ..
GE was making Diesel-electric giant EARTH MOVERS, AWD, decades ago ...

i bet yo think HYBRID is new tech? ahhhh no no no ...

When the diesel-electric drive was accepted, the pace of development acelerated .. by 1925 diesel locomotives were in service in the United States .. today, an improved descendant of 1920's is:

Another name for a submarine? Electric Boat!
Watch "Daas Boot", the movie!
"General Dynamics Electric Boat is a subsidiary of General Dynamics Corporation. It has been the primary builder of submarines for the United States Navy for more than 100 years ..."

- CB, to answer your previous comments, although i do quote "public sources" in internet, its for my, as well as their protection, not due to lack of knowledge/experience .. Former employers/contractors: GE, GD, TRW, USAF, BOEING, AVCO (defense), BMO, Novell, Banyan, MS, etc., etc... .. so please ...

1 - 20 of 225 Posts