Chevy SS Forum banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
There were some bad a$$ cars there for sure. It was good meeting, everyone. That was the most "legal" (cough, cough) fun I have had in a long while. As Yoram said, these cars are phenomenal when cornering. Just need some more horses to pull out of the corners to keep up!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
This was a great outing. Thank you once again @cyp for spreading the word and all the helpful communications! I must add that, next to a road course, this is a spectacular venue to demonstrate how incredible these cars are right out of the box (mine is mechanically bone stock except for wheels and tires, and tires are stock size)... and a delightful bunch of folks to do it with.

View attachment 277764

View attachment 277765
Looks like the passenger side front tire is about to lift....(y)

Car looks really good.......

Reactions: cyp and Yoram

·
Banned
1,320 Posts
There were some bad a$$ cars there for sure. It was good meeting, everyone. That was the most "legal" (cough, cough) fun I have had in a long while. As Yoram said, these cars are phenomenal when cornering. Just need some more horses to pull out of the corners to keep up!
.... And let us not forget ze brakes!!! Accelerating with full throttle between corners (even with my lowly stock LS3), you need a lot of brakes before the next corner (they claim 318 in 11 miles).
ZERO fade and great feel and balance with repeated hard braking.
There may be some in the stratosphere, but I never experienced (let alone owned) a spacious 4 door that is more capable and track ready in bone stock form. Actually, after a couple runs I was starting to feel slightly nauseated with the repeated high G force transitions in all directions... The car could keep doing this continuosuly all day long.
Absolutely awesome.

P.S., great meeting you too, indebt!!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
.... And let us not forget ze brakes!!! Accelerating with full throttle between corners (even with my lowly stock LS3), you need a lot of brakes before the next corner (they claim 318 in 11 miles).
ZERO fade and great feel and balance with repeated hard braking.
There may be some in the stratosphere, but I never experienced (let alone owned) a spacious 4 door that is more capable and track ready in bone stock form. Actually, after a couple runs I was starting to feel slightly nauseated with the repeated high G force transitions in all directions... The car could keep doing this continuosuly all day long.
Absolutely awesome.

P.S., great meeting you too, indebt!!
Ive been on 3 trips like this last one, driving the twisty roads, highway driving round trips , and normal driving for now 24k miles. The brakes have worked very well for stock ones, only had the dealer do the copper paste squeak fix. I did flush the system with Superblue dot 4 ATE brake fluid for this trip and never had any brake fade after many hard braking corners!
Heavy brake dust is the only complaint I have with these brakes, I’ll do an inspection soon to check the condition of the pads and rotors. I may do an upgrade on the pads.

Reactions: Yoram

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Going back up October 21 for 3 days of driving twisty mountain roads in North Carolina. Going to meet up with other gearheads, most have given up on their Holden cars. Cadillac, Corvette, BMW, but a few still have the SS, maybe a GTO or 2 still around.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
who all are going this year. Im leaning toward it. but 5+ hours. not sure about that
Two of us from New Orleans driving 650 miles to meet up with 6-8 other guys for 3 days of driving in Western NC. This will be our 15th year of getting together that started out as a Holden crew mostly GTO then G8 enthusiasts from around the southeast.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts