Chevy SS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Copied from the FB posting. Hope to see ya down there.

"Saturday we'll be meeting at the base of the dam as usual at 9am. Be sure you go to the BOTTOM of the **** and not the top. A few of us will be getting there early to help secure the spot and see others roll in. The usual shenanigans will take place for about an hour and we'll roll out around 10am in groups of three (fast, normal, slow) to traverse the tail. Meet up at the gathering spot at the end of the tail, more shenanigans then back down the tail with a stop at the Killboy Shack. There are 3 good places for Lunch, The Hub and Tapaco Tavern in Robbinsville, as well as a Wildwood Grill in Fontana Village. Personally, If you head towards Robinsville, you can also catch the Cherohola Skyway. If your following me, you'll end up at Tapaco Tavern, as we go there every year. Don't forget there is ZERO cellphone coverage in this area so check maps before to familiarize yourselves. Thanks and looking forward to seeing everyone next week!!

Also, there will be smaller groups doing 'Things' in the mountains on Friday, so if your around, you might be able to hook up!"
Im part of the “smaller group” and we do other things for sure......just have to keep up! :devil:hidesbehindsofa:
We will be in Deals Gap Friday morning for our run on the dragon. Anyone is welcome to meet us there and join in around 830-9:00 AM.
We’ll drive , then have lunch and make a plan for Friday afternoon. Our crew has been meeting as a Holden group for the past 10 years.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Also, there is no cellphone service in the mountains, we use 2 way radios to keep in touch while driving together. Can pick up an inexpensive set if you want to, just hearing the comments while driving is worth the cost of the radios. :grin

·
Banned
1,320 Posts
Our crew will be driving Friday on the Dragon
Going to get busy this weekend, these guys and an Audi group will be around Saturday

https://www.rennsportdragonrally.com/

Last minute scramble... I'm in. Will meet up with you guys at the Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort on Friday by 9 am; please advise if I got the place or time wrong.
I am staying Thursday and Friday night in Robbinsville (quite a challenge to find a place...).
Cheers!

Reactions: cyp and indebt

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Be careful down there, I was there last month & saw some really poor riding & driving ability.
I was behind a Vette that was crawling & still blowing turns.

·
Banned
1,320 Posts
Folks, in case there is any kind of makeshift feeding and watering gathering Thursday night please advise -- if decided already please post, if tbd/impromptu please text me at 734-637-8691. Will do my best to join. Will have no access to the Forum after around 3pm Eastern time Thursday. Thx

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
Folks, in case there is any kind of makeshift feeding and watering gathering Thursday night please advise -- if decided already please post, if tbd/impromptu please text me at 734-637-8691. Will do my best to join. Will have no access to the Forum after around 3pm Eastern time Thursday. Thx
The crew I’m with will be getting in Thursday afternoon here.......

Not much going on in the area at night, we have 10-12 members staying at the motel and will be hanging out there for the evening.
Friday morning meet up at Deals Gap will be where the plans for the weekend will be discussed, try to meet us there sometime between 8-8:30, then we drive ?

Reactions: Yoram

·
Banned
1,320 Posts

Not much going on in the area at night, we have 10-12 members staying at the motel and will be hanging out there for the evening.
Friday morning meet up at Deals Gap will be where the plans for the weekend will be discussed, try to meet us there sometime between 8-8:30, then we drive ?
Great! Thanks, CYP!

Thanks, CYP! I will be passing through Bryson City on my way this afternoon so will stop and be looking for you guys. Either way will aim to meet up early Friday at Deals Gap. Safe travels!!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Thanks, CYP! I will be passing through Bryson City on my way this afternoon so will stop and be looking for you guys. Either way will aim to meet up early Friday at Deals Gap. Safe travels!!
Good meeting you Yoram , glad you made over to meet us yesterday.! We will be leaving Bryson City around 8:15- 8:30 and getting to Deals Gap ASAP, depending on traffic and road conditions 9:00-9:15.
Anyone else on here that want to come hang out with our crew and drive then have lunch meet us in Deals Gap.
Cant miss this group driving SS, GTO, BMW and 2 yellow cars, Corvette and Ferrari. You WILL hear the yellow Ferrari, that thing is loud!!
Going to be a fun day with leaf color on the trees and beautiful weather in the forecast.

Cheers!

·
Banned
1,320 Posts
Good meeting you Yoram , glad you made over to meet us yesterday.! We will be leaving Bryson City around 8:15- 8:30 and getting to Deals Gap ASAP, depending on traffic and road conditions 9:00-9:15.
Anyone else on here that want to come hang out with our crew and drive then have lunch meet us in Deals Gap.
Cant miss this group driving SS, GTO, BMW and 2 yellow cars, Corvette and Ferrari. You WILL hear the yellow Ferrari, that thing is loud!!
Going to be a fun day with leaf color on the trees and beautiful weather in the forecast.

Cheers!
CYP, Peter, John et al: Thanks a bunch for letting me crash the party. Today was an awesome day! I'm sure a few of us will post some pics in the next few days. I will plan on meeting at the foot of Fontana Dam around 9 am tomorrow unless I learn of other plans; may put in a "round trip" run beforehand in case we get rain later.
Will check the forum before I leave in the morning for any last minute announcements.
These runs truly showcase the incredible capability of the SS. I was enthusiastic; now I'm blown away.
P.S., Thanks for helping me get my tire pressure sensors to relearn their positions!

·
Banned
1,320 Posts
CYP, Peter, John, Indept et al: Thanks a bunch for letting me crash the party. Today was an awesome day! I'm sure a few of us will post some pics in the next few days. I will plan on meeting at the foot of Fontana Dam around 9 am tomorrow unless I learn of other plans; may put in a "round trip" run beforehand in case we get rain later.
Will check the forum before I leave in the morning for any last minute announcements.
These runs truly showcase the incredible capability of the SS. I was enthusiastic; now I'm blown away.
P.S., Thanks for helping me get my tire pressure sensors to relearn their positions!
(added @indebt)

·
Banned
1,320 Posts
... Indebt, not Indept.... sorry!!! (Indept didn't show up...)

·
Banned
1,320 Posts
This was a great outing. Thank you once again @cyp for spreading the word and all the helpful communications! I must add that, next to a road course, this is a spectacular venue to demonstrate how incredible these cars are right out of the box (mine is mechanically bone stock except for wheels and tires, and tires are stock size)... and a delightful bunch of folks to do it with.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
CYP, Peter, John et al: Thanks a bunch for letting me crash the party. Today was an awesome day! I'm sure a few of us will post some pics in the next few days. I will plan on meeting at the foot of Fontana Dam around 9 am tomorrow unless I learn of other plans; may put in a "round trip" run beforehand in case we get rain later.

Glad you were able to make the get together Yoram! It’s a fun group that I met 10yrs ago from the LS1gto.com southeast section of that forum when I had a 2006 GTO
Have been driving the dragon and other twisty mountain roads with them every year, always enjoyed the company of other gearheads, glad you and indebt, and Broken made it out!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Glad you were able to make the get together Yoram! It’s a fun group that I met 10yrs ago from the LS1gto.com southeast section of that forum when I had a 2006 GTO
Have been driving the dragon and other twisty mountain roads with them every year, always enjoyed the company of other gearheads, glad you and indebt, and Broken made it out!
2019 Tail of the Dragon run

Attachments

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·

·