Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend of mine helped me talk to the guys over at Swift Springs to make some springs for our cars.

Anyone interested?
Those who doesn't know about Swift, they make one of the best springs out there. A lot of Off the Shelf coilovers offer Swift Springs as an upgrade.

Minimum 10 sets, which isn't a lot

Price definitely makes all the difference

Whats your thought? Are you willing to pay up to $600? $300?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Funny, I was thinking about reaching out to them the other day. I LOVED my swift springs on my 370z. They rode more comfortable than stock suspension and offered much more control in the corners. They had an excellent progressive spring rate and I felt much more confident driving the Swifts hard than my coilover setup. Same story on my friends Evo IX.

My Eibachs on the SS are ok, but the ride is so-so and I wish the front was a tad lower. Did they mention any specifics?

I would be very interested in a set of Spec-R springs @ $400 or less with a better drop than the Eibachs, maybe 1.4F 1.3R to keep a raked look and still set them apart from the drop heights on King springs?

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
First I've heard/read about Swift Springs. I've always wanted a set springs that lowers the ride by a mere 1-inch. I tend to drink coffee when I drive, so I prefer not to stain the headliner. Based on the ratio posted by boost_lee perhaps 1.0"F x 3/4"R.

Currently, I guess the Street - Sport Springs is the less aggressive option. In any event; yes, I would be interested, but I have no point of reference as to cost.

·
Registered
771 Posts
what experience does Swift have in US/AUS cars/suspensions/geometry? There website shows predominantly Honda/Acura/Toyota/Lexus. price points mean nothing if legit R&D is not going into the spring design. Most of the current market provides a few options for springs that lower 1" or more, there might be more interest in springs that only lower .5" for everyone else. The springs would also need to accommodate MRC and non-MRC cars while not altering the shocks abilities.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny, I was thinking about reaching out to them the other day. I LOVED my swift springs on my 370z. They rode more comfortable than stock suspension and offered much more control in the corners. They had an excellent progressive spring rate and I felt much more confident driving the Swifts hard than my coilover setup. Same story on my friends Evo IX.

My Eibachs on the SS are ok, but the ride is so-so and I wish the front was a tad lower. Did they mention any specifics?

I would be very interested in a set of Spec-R springs @ $400 or less with a better drop than the Eibachs, maybe 1.4F 1.3R to keep a raked look and still set them apart from the drop heights on King springs?
I'm guessing it'll just be the Sport springs, not the Spec R. Also when you say better drop as in lower/higher ride height or spring rates?
King springs also have lots of different height difference
I have not approached them myself yet, would like to talk to them, and definitely give them our input

First I've heard/read about Swift Springs. I've always wanted a set springs that lowers the ride by a mere 1-inch. I tend to drink coffee when I drive, so I prefer hot to stain the headliner. Based on the ratio posted by boost_lee perhaps 1.0"F x 3/4"R.

Currently, I guess the Street - Sport Springs is the less aggressive option. In any event; yes, I would be interested, but I have no point of reference as to cost.
Well both eibach and king are around the $300 range...

what experience does Swift have in US/AUS cars/suspensions/geometry? There website shows predominantly Honda/Acura/Toyota/Lexus. price points mean nothing if legit R&D is not going into the spring design. Most of the current market provides a few options for springs that lower 1" or more, there might be more interest in springs that only lower .5" for everyone else. The springs would also need to accommodate MRC and non-MRC cars while not altering the shocks abilities.
I'm not a suspension expert, but I'd assume car is still a car regardless of the origin. As long as they can study the car, something should be able to be done. And yes they are predominantly branded for Japanese cars as that's their root. At the same time they have private labeled for many companies that are in the USDM car scene

I'd also just like them to make the springs specifically for the 2015+ MRC cars, as 14 has their options already. 15+ consist of a bigger market. Also because that's what I have lol

·
Registered
303 Posts
I would be all the over a setup that lowered front no more than 1 inch, and the same or little less in the rear while preserving OEM spring rates or very close. The stock springs are near perfect compromise IMO except for ride height. I don’t care about cost so much if I could get the perfect (for me) lowering spring.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm interested. I have Eibachs now and they're working out great but wouldn't mind some that was actually not as low especially since I want to go wider on the tires.

I've had both Swift and RCE on my WRXs and Evo. Loved them. I reached to RCE when I first got my SS a year ago but never heard back. Didn't think to reach out to Swift.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Bump! Any updates? I've got bigger and stickier tires, and would like to go even bigger and stickier, but would like less drop and slightly stiffer.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Me too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have swifts on my Forester XT. They are a great riding spring. Would love to put a set on my SS.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts