Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wanting to throw a supercharger or turbocharger into my 2007 Chevy impala ss. Was wondering if there was any suggestions on where to start or if it is even possible to do.

·
Super Moderator
5,406 Posts
Welcome @Cartright52! This forum is dedicated to the 2014-2017 Chevy SS sedan. It is surely possible as there are plenty of supercharged 5.3 liter engines out there. Suggestions on where to start would be to start here:
https://www.impalaforums.com/#/

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
13,242 Posts
Welcome @Cartright52!
Good luck with your 2007 SS Impala. Enjoyed ours for 7 years before the 2014 SS we have now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've been driving an 07' Monte SS for 7 years as well. The stock 5.3L with cold air intake is too much off the line for this FWD car. Romp on it and feel what it's like to drive on ice! Once you get it to hook up she's pretty quick and fun to drive but nothing compared to this 17' SS I just bought!
I say no to a supercharger on your Impala unless you like to replace these weak trannys at around $3000 a pop. 138k Miles and this Montes on it's third. I do suggest the police spring and strut package to stiffen it up a bit.
Good Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts