Chevy SS Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Has anyone taken their supercharged car on a road course? I'm interested in the power bump obviously, but worried about heat soak during a 20 min session in the summer.
Another concern for tracking a blown SS would be the change in weight distribution. SS has an almost perfect balance for road course festivities. Put 150lbs over the front wheel and the front end will feel like it's pushing in the turns. Now add oversteer from the extra power hit. Could be very entertaining...or not.

Sorry, I'm not exactly speaking from experience.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Ira,

IMO the car is so good anyway that the small price to pay 125 to 150 extra weight up front after supercharging, you really cant tell any difference, tight on ramps getting into the throttle just a joy to behold...

and besides if it's that critical fuel load changes ~180 lbs. anyway, so I keep my golf clubs in the trunk to satisfy any weight distribution issues... hehehe

Cheers,
tp

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey checking in on the supercharger install now that it's been over a year, how was your choice?

JAH

·
Registered
89 Posts
Has anyone taken their supercharged car on a road course? I'm interested in the power bump obviously, but worried about heat soak during a 20 min session in the summer.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
Hey I'm in Australia and I do plenty of track days with my VF HSV which is a Harrop charged stock LS3. I do a variety of circuit, point to point and drift events. I am most careful during circuit however, as being on full throttle under full load for more than 5 or so hotlaps in a row causes heat issues on a hot day so I tend to prefer time attack formats over simply all out circuit racing. I will back things off when my oil temps push past 130°C. Drift and point to point don't usually load things up enough to get the oil too hot so they're easier on the engine.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

41 - 46 of 46 Posts