Chevy SS Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Although I have an air-to-air intercooler on SS, I did put the Aux. tank in the CTS-V coupe, which fit nicely on the passenger firewall side of the engine compartment. It gives extra cooling capacity and room for ice for a quarter mile run, but the down side is, it's in the engine compartment and will soon heat soak...
I really like the idea of the crash bar tank--it will get some cooling air at the front of the car.

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,731 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
It's working great. There is some light trimming for the hard plastic cover for the bumper. It's not the outer bumper cover which you can see. The kit came with AN to push-loc that should fit a LSA. I'm using a Whipple so that required a different fitting no big deal but it was an extra delay in getting one shipped (ended up with a 90* on the drivers side and 45* on the passenger side).
The tank keeps things out of the way, will not pick up dirty heat from the engine bay. Best temps I've recorded are 90* OAT cruising on highway IAT were 49* with the AC on low (the whipple also puts the IAT in the back next to the FW in the lowest part of the intake not a great location to keep the sensor cool). Normally running around town I see 15*/20* below ambient. There was a noticeable power difference after going from the stock whipper Air to Water to the frostbite (PnP) chiller with bumper tank.
Phil at PnP techworks was great work with and answer all questions promptly

21 - 24 of 24 Posts