Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for ideas, let's see what you guys have done for your intercooler fluid tanks!
I'm trying to not do a trunk tank, the Whipple tank is tiny so I would like to add a tank for better capacity. What have you guys done?

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Working on one.

It requires a few relief cuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
7,247 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I m trying to decide on this, trunk mount or the Active Interchillers. I am open to any ideas

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
There is an ss out there that made a new crash bar that is a tank. I'm going to look into going this route with my interchiller

·
Registered
691 Posts
A well-suited one should have a mesh screen for ice. Input/output and drain line.
Mine has a Rule bilge pump mounted inside. The pump itself has a slotted housing on the bottom so it will not suck in big ice chunks.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Roto Fab needs to modify there ZL1 reservoir to fit the SS. Problem with aluminum under hood tanks is they need to be insulated. Our SS crash bar reservoir should be out soon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Roto Fab needs to modify there ZL1 reservoir to fit the SS. Problem with aluminum under hood tanks is they need to be insulated. Our SS crash bar reservoir should be out soon.
Well I will postpone my search and wait to check this out then.

·
Registered
642 Posts
ever any update on a crash bar reservoir?

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
642 Posts
Good luck getting Dave to respond...
But here is a option. This is a company you can call and actually talk to the guy and probably get your stuff in a reasonable time. I can't say the same for Dave
It's listed for a G8 but call him and ask if it will fit a SS
https://pnptechworks.com/shop?olsPage=products/frostbite-buffer-tank-pontiac-g8
wow that thing purdy. i mean if its got the factory holes behind it for my HX then i may be in business. would be nice to ditch that lil tank down uner and re-mount the pump elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
506 Posts
I've been emailing Phillip, the owner on the fit of the G8 products listed on our SS. I believe he has parts specifically that fit our cars, he just needs to update his site to reflect this. Both G8 and SS share the same chiller and suction tap but the liquid tap is slightly different for the SS, which I think Fedge showed above.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just picked up the phone and called him. He didn't answer. I left a message. He called me back the same day. He gave excellent answers to all my questions. I have two other friends that have recently done business with him. Everyone is happy so far!

·
Registered
174 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am reviving this thread so others can chime in. My brother uses the Fi interchiller and the RHD HSV type tank located inside the cabin air inlet area on his SS. He also uses the stage 2 so he uses a HSV windshield washer res located on our drivers side. I don't plan on using the stage 2 system, so I am going to keep my stock washer reservoir for my LSA conversion. I am looking for a tank that works, with little to no modifications but so far I don't see a plug and play HX coolant reservoir that has a gallon or so capacity. I will try to post so photos of my brothers setup.
Bicycle part Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Engineering Rim
me

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
506 Posts
your best bet may be a Glanzer tank...

thanks for posting pics of the FI tank. I have the same one, yet to be installed. Could you DM more pics?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts