Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week my sunroof starting acting up...went to open it and it did not respond. It would open in the rear vent position. But was unresponsive to opening fully. After a few more tries it worked. Now almost every time I have driven I try it. It seems to be 50/50 on opening. Once open I have only had it act weird once when closing. Anyone else have this issue? I assume it is the switch but was curious if anyone else has worked through this already. Thanks, hopefully I did not mis an old thread.

·
Premium Member
3,096 Posts
The fact that it works 50% of the time it's electrical and probably not a cable, I would suspect the switch first. If the motor is going out I could be intermittent and best just to replace it.

First thing to try on the switch is contact cleaner, I would mask off the area around the switch and try to carefully spray small amounts of the contact cleaner along the sides and ends. With power off, operate both switches back and forth, then try with car turned on.

If that doesn't work pull the switch, and unless you see obvious loose wire or similar I'd just replace the switch. Pretty sure there is a post here on how to remove the switch.

·
Registered
2017 NGM Roof Spare Manual
13 Posts
Last week my sunroof starting acting up...went to open it and it did not respond. It would open in the rear vent position. But was unresponsive to opening fully. After a few more tries it worked. Now almost every time I have driven I try it. It seems to be 50/50 on opening. Once open I have only had it act weird once when closing. Anyone else have this issue? I assume it is the switch but was curious if anyone else has worked through this already. Thanks, hopefully I did not mis an old thread.
I had this same issue this morning. The sunroof would close and then immediately reopen. I finally got it to close completely. I am guessing the switch may be faulting. Did you ever trouble shoot your issue?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had this same issue this morning. The sunroof would close and then immediately reopen. I finally got it to close completely. I am guessing the switch may be faulting. Did you ever trouble shoot your issue?
I had this happen on a different car. Essentially “pinch protection” was being triggered (does the SS even have that?). There was enough resistance on the glass that it would reopen. Lube and realignment fixed it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been lazy and not really messed with this...plus it was cold. However I opened/closed it the other day no issue. I will see what happens now that the weather is nicer...guessing it is still a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts