Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just dropped my car off yesterday for CAI, Headers and Full exhaust. Of course they’re taking the stock off and giving them back to me. Was wondering if anyone can tell me if they were able to fit stock mid pipe in the SS or will all the stock parts not fit in the cabin for the ride home? I feel I can throw mufflers and manifolds in trunk but mid pipe I’m questioning! But I’d love to hear from people who’ll have experienced this themselves :)
Thanks!

Rob

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Oh my, that mid-pipe is all one piece and 7'-8' long if I'm remembering the height of it standing up in my basement correctly. Definitely won't fit in the SS well. Might fit through the sunroof if you have one end resting in the backseat with the rest sticking up in the air...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone definitely going to rent something! You think a Tahoe might work? I know someone with one that I can ask before I do go to rent a pick up or uhaul! Let me know what you guys think!

·
Premium Member
2,872 Posts
I just dropped my car off yesterday for CAI, Headers and Full exhaust. Of course they’re taking the stock off and giving them back to me. Was wondering if anyone can tell me if they were able to fit stock mid pipe in the SS or will all the stock parts not fit in the cabin for the ride home? I feel I can throw mufflers and manifolds in trunk but mid pipe I’m questioning! But I’d love to hear from people who’ll have experienced this themselves :)
Thanks!

Rob
Will not fit unless you cut it after the rear cats and ahead of the "H" pipe connection. Upon installing Magnaflow cat back system we had to cut it there to install the new Magnaflow cat back system. That's how I know!! And it barely fit inside the car. I brought blankets just for this!

Reactions: Shakeandbake998

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Not that I would do it with my car, but on similar sedans I have been able to carry full 8' lumber completely inside the car by feeding it in through the trunk, through the pass-through in the rear seats, over the passenger seat (in fully reclined position), and on down into the passenger foot well. Not always pretty, but when you're in a pinch, with some careful prep and padding in the right places you'd be amazed what you can fit inside. The "Texas Longhorn" spread at the muffler end would be the hardest part I would imagine. Probably wouldn't clock right in the trunk to allow closing the lid.
$.02

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
Rent a pickup truck from Home Depot or Uhaul. The only other thing you can do is cut it up and have it rewelded if you plan on reusing it later.
This. Menards, HD, Uhaul - small price to pay vs damaging anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts