Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figure I'll share my new PB. 142mph on a stock cam pedaling it!

Stock cam
Stock ls3 long block
Stock 6l80
LSA Torque converter
LSA (2.35 upper 8.65 lower)
Kooks 1 7/8" headers with cats
Forced Inductions 10mm lid spacer
Glanzer g8 under the hood tank
AFCO 26x11x2 heat exchanger
Varimax pump
Dsx aux pump
67% ethanol
Alky control meth kit (dual nozzle) with m1
Tuned by of course myself at LooneyTuned Racing & Speed

It weighs 4160 with me in it. I pulled about 100lbs out from last time I went to the track (passenger seat, back seat, and 5 gallons less of fuel)

It spun, had to pedal it then spun again the 660 was slower than my 10.4 pass a few months ago with less power. But it was back halfing hard. 2nd pass I broke an axle and didn't have any spares with me.

Font Material property Number Paper Paper product

·
Registered
Fixing My Own "SS"
132 Posts
Almost 40 mph on the big end. Sweet geezus!

With that 60' and mph, it should go ~9.70s on a full pass.

Crazy.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I feel like "140 on a stock cam!" is like....I dunno I mean if you're supercharged with headers, saying "STOCK CAM!" is kinda misleading at this point. It's like if you had a blown built 427 with a turbo 400 and Mickey Thompson slicks and was like "I just ran 9.5 with the stock Chevy front grille! :love:" 😂

No really congrats, tho!

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
The stock cam reference implies that the engine has no internal modifications while raising the question; At what point does the cam become a limiting factor ?

·
Registered
Fixing My Own "SS"
132 Posts
Just means it's a very mild car. Easy to live with. Relatively easy to tune.

Just as impressive is that mph on the stock pistons.

I have a ton of respect for someone doing that mph with a stock long block in a 4100 lb car!

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Truly an amazing feat. That's some strong mile an hour and a heavy car on a little tiny stock cam. Someone asked when that becomes a limiting factor? Well if he swapped in a bigger off the shelf cam he would pick up lots of power all over. That cam is definitely holding the car back but it is still putting in work

1 - 7 of 7 Posts