Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Possibly the wrong section but what the hell, I like to live on the edge.

Does anyone have a link or instructions on how to remove the plastic trim from the steering column?

I want to replace the globe around the ignition barrel on my Holden SS (all Australian models have an ignition barrel, SSV and Redline models (and their different variants) also have a Start/Stop button btw).

I've googled the bejesus out of this but can't locate anything for the VF online. Anyone got a page from the workshop/repair manual they could fling my way?

But any instructions or tips at all would be great. I don't want to start yanking on the plastic trim and start snapping and breaking like some lunatic high on bath salts and after sticking my fat bonce under there all I can see is one bolt on the underside of the steering column.

Thanks in advance, you handsome legends 馃榿

Registered
I replaced my start/stop button using the instructions for pulling out the speedo to send for programming. Check those instructions as it shows the trip pieces removed on the top of the column, the trim pieces surrounding the column (they just pull off and easier with a trim removal tool); and the speedo

Registered
but nevertheless, those two trim pieces just pull out/off; the black trim underneath the ignition, and the suede trim piece surrounding the ignition

1 - 3 of 3 Posts