Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There aren't any pictures of stanced Chevrolet SS/VF Commodore just yet but sometime soon we should be able to, since they are not out as yet. But for now we have these picture of stanced Pontiac G8's and VE Commodore's to get an idea of what we can expect a stanced Chevy SS to look like...

·
Registered
397 Posts
This stance stuff is cool but kills your ability to make use of the performance the car has, unless you find a medium where your not limiting your performance too much, but from what i've seen most of these stance guys don't find that medium.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Very glad that Audi got destroyed. I really don't see the point in lowering a car so much where it becomes impossible to drive. I do understand the point in lowering a car a little bit to lower the center of gravity - but when you lower it so much as to disturb the natural geometry of the suspension up to a point where it can't handle for sh!t...

Useless.

hellaflush is hellagey.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This stance stuff is cool but kills your ability to make use of the performance the car has, unless you find a medium where your not limiting your performance too much, but from what i've seen most of these stance guys don't find that medium.
Agree with this 100%. There is a fine line with the pushed out stance look and very few get it right. For a show car, go for it. For a daily driver or weekend dragster, no thanks.

The Pontiac pictured above ruined his rear fenders.

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Agree with this 100%. There is a fine line with the pushed out stance look and very few get it right. For a show car, go for it. For a daily driver or weekend dragster, no thanks.

The Pontiac pictured above ruined his rear fenders.
Yup. I think in order to have a true daily driver, the daily driver that can do anywhere that a normal completely factory car can go, it needs to be flush at the most!

Most stanced out cars even in their mild stages are still risky as a daily driver. Still see those same guys avoiding potholes as if they were about to drive into a sink hole.

Guy that owns that Pontiac G8 did destroy his fenders, it will be tough to sell the car like that to just anyone, it will take someone who has the need for fenders like that to want that car. Sad.

With Factory Pontiac G8 wheels on, there will be a ton of gap from where the wheel ends to where the fender ends lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Couldn't agree more with most here. It looks great at a show or in a photo shoot but that just about covers it, IMO. On that note though, I think the cars look great above. Just not my "cup of tea"...

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
For sure they look great.

But it ends there. Practicality is dead ZERO.

I've experimented with driving some friends VWs that are slammed. Its miserable. You can't go anywhere. You can't have too much people in the car. You can't get over speed bumps. You cant turn fast. You pretty much have to drive slow and becareful everywhere.

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh BTW if you guys think that was bad, check out the crazy stance on this VIP Lexus LS..

I really hope that guy has an air ride suspension cause rolling like that on coilovers makes this ride very impractical. I guess when want a "cool" show car you have to go to the extreme's.

Only way I'll ever roll around in a slammed car of my own is with an air ride setup, or air bag coilovers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I guess I'm just getting older, but that just looks ridiculous to me. Like you said, I hope, and honestly almost has to be, an air bag setup.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Bring it on!

And here I am trying to figure out what camber, toe, and caster settings will get me the best turn in and grip. LOL

These guys obviously don't care about handling :D
Wow, that was bad, wish i didn't see them, too late.

I don't understand whats good cool about doing this, how is someone passionate about having the wheels on their car angle out so retardedly.

Thankfully majority of people who would buy a car like the Chevy SS wouldn't even come close to doing things like that.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think I've been permanently scarred after seeing these photos. I can understand why some lower their cars for a more aggressive stance but why would anyone want their car to look like Mary Poppins? Feet going in all directions.
Surely it isn't legal to drive on public roads in such accidents waiting to happen?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ozstrat: Just to add to your comments, somebody please explain to me why anyone would do this? What is the point? Just noticed, the license plates seem to be some foreign country. I wonder if the owners also wear their pants around their ankles....

·
Registered
874 Posts
according the the current use of the word "STANCE" or "FLUSH" you have to be stupid to do this to a new 50k car!

given the SS looks like it is on a set of Highjacker Air Shocks from the factory and it needs to be lowered but who in their right mind would do that. :X

i love lowered cars but lets measure right and put something on that fits that you can actually drive.

this is my GTO which is lowered and drivable 100% which i would considered flush to "old" definition of flush. ;)

the SS will be getting lowered correctly ;) in about two weeks i will keep you guys posted on the R&D ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts