Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Have you seen the silver one in the Maryland Heights area yet? I saw that one when I was visiting a few months ago. Nice wheels, tint. Good looking car.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you seen the silver one in the Maryland Heights area yet? I saw that one when I was visiting a few months ago. Nice wheels, tint. Good looking car.
I haven't.... I'll have to keep an eye out the next time I'm in the area. I pass by there on the way to my parents house out in St. Peters. Thanks for the heads up!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A little late to update, but spotted a Heron White on I-255 southbound, between I-64 and Rte 15 on Chrismas day, around 4pm. They were cooking along pretty good, I couldn't catch up wearing my snow tires... I was running between 75 and 80 and not making any ground.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was just in St. Louis and picked up my black, 6MT 2015 SS. I saw that Heron White '15 briefly while I was there!

·
Registered
260 Posts
New St. Louis guy here. Used to own a silver TT G8 GXP. Just bought a '15 SLIHRM. Live in Imperial. Hope to see other people around.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Saw a Silver Ice with tint and different wheels going north-bound on Bermuda Dr near Woodstock just after 4pm yesterday 3/17. He saw me going the opposite way and we gave each other a thumbs-up.
Sounds like the one I saw when I was visiting family last Fall.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Good to see another STL owner. Not too many of us around here....

·
Registered
260 Posts
Good to see another STL owner. Not too many of us around here....
Yep. Don't see many around. I see mostly black, red, or white SS's.

You're running a Whipple? That's awesome. Not sure why/how they make a kit that fits on the SS, but didn't for the G8. Before I Twin Turbo'd my GXP, I wanted a Whipple kit, but people said they didn't work without quite a bit of customization. Wonder what's different with the SS that it works on them.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yep. Don't see many around. I see mostly black, red, or white SS's.

You're running a Whipple? That's awesome. Not sure why/how they make a kit that fits on the SS, but didn't for the G8. Before I Twin Turbo'd my GXP, I wanted a Whipple kit, but people said they didn't work without quite a bit of customization. Wonder what's different with the SS that it works on them.

No idea. I chose the Whipple based on emissions clearance and their great reputation. Getting off the line is difficult on street tires, but the power is great.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Saw a Silver Ice with tint and different wheels going north-bound on Bermuda Dr near Woodstock just after 4pm yesterday 3/17. He saw me going the opposite way and we gave each other a thumbs-up.
Just saw this one again this morning just after 7am getting onto 70 westbound from Jennings Station Rd. It's a '14, I believe.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was in my 2016 SLIHRM heading north on 270 this past Saturday when a beautiful Heron White passed by. My wife and I did our traditional "It's an SS!" cheer, and then I noticed... it was RSR1. Nice car! :D

1 - 20 of 73 Posts