Chevy SS Forum banner

161 - 180 of 400 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
PPV, if it were that easy, that's what most of us would've done already. As mentioned before, finding a wheel with the 'correct' offset is the challenge.

I'd like to know if the AFF02 20x10 with 50 offset works without rolling but still waiting on an answer on that one in another thread.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
PPV, if it were that easy, that's what most of us would've done already. As mentioned before, finding a wheel with the 'correct' offset is the challenge.

I'd like to know if the AFF02 20x10 with 50 offset works without rolling but still waiting on an answer on that one in another thread.

Agreed as I have obsessed over this for years but solutions are out there. V2 sedan wheels were my compromise. The FS01 is available in a 10+58.

>>> mrr rotary forged fs-01 | fs-02 18" | 19" | 20"

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=91016&share_tid=142009&url=http://www.ssforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142009&share_type=t

If money isn't an issue then modifying a wheel would work. A VMR V710 in 8.5+35 widened to 10" should be a good fit.

Ninja edit: Of course if you aren't lowering the car there are many more options.

A 20x10 with +50 stock height no issue as I had 20x10+45 on for a bit. Lowered you will need to modify the wheel well return.

If VMR ever gets the 19x9.5+58 V810s back in stock it would be another solution.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Thanks guys. Still doesn't get me a black / gun metal wheel that will fit with no rolling or spacers. But helpful NTL.

The FS-01 should work for you and I think they come in gloss black and I think gun metal.

Or V2 sedan wheels in gloss black.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Still looking but my criteria are:

19"
Gloss black (not to difficult to clean a plus)
9" Front
w/ at least a 38+ offset
9.5 or 10" rear
w/ at least a 48 offset

CTS V2 Sedan wheels are an option but not particularly good looking. At least that's what I thought up until just now seeing those. Maybe new looking and a nice gloss makes all the difference.

I cannot spend $ and not have a wider front wheel and fit at least 255's or I'll just paint the stockers black. The SS handles better with more grip up front so I need the best of both worlds. Good looking (fitting just under the fender is a requirement), and more functional than OEM to justify even bothering. The 14-15 wheels painted a gloss black and then using adapters to push them out a bit look really good. Again, still looking...

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,401 Posts
Thanks guys. Still doesn't get me a black / gun metal wheel that will fit with no rolling or spacers. But helpful NTL.
Well, back in the old day's (March to be exact) I was looking for a set of wheels and decided to give Forgeline a try. According to their website, they can tailor just about any wheel they have on the formulary/website. Not necessarily the most bargain wheel on the market, but they seem to do a pretty good job of verifying the fit. They offer a number of standard finishes and custom colors as well.

Also, fellow forum member 'Navy Lifer' is quite knowledgeable on such issues, so if he doesn't chime in on this thread, then perhaps drop him a PM.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Ok, so I thought to poke around in here a bit more and came across this. This is absolutely perfect in every way except cost. $1500+/wheel is a bit much.

Very helpful directory! Went with 20x9 +40 and 20x9.5 +49 Forgeline RB1s in Transparent Tinted Gold. Michelin Pilot Sport 4S in 255/35R20 and 275/35R20. Less aggressive than many on the board, but I wanted to keep the front/rear track ratio and am going to drop 0.75" all around and didn't want any chance of rubbing under and speed/turn/bump situations.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Hey guys, stupid question. The 20" black wheels found on Chevy.com under the SS accessory page are $875 for fronts and for the rears. I always assumed this is $875 per wheel, so 4 total. But the plural part "20-Inch Wheels" throws me off. Could this actually be $875 for a set of rears and a set of fronts, meaning $875 for two tires? Doubtful, but figured I'd ask.

Also on a separate note Accessories: Car, SUV, Truck Accessories | Chevrolet is running a 10% off sale through May 31st. Discount code "SPRING4TEN" if anyone is interested. Things like side fender vents, black out fog light and front grill replacements, etc are there.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hey guys, stupid question. The 20" black wheels found on Chevy.com under the SS accessory page are $875 for fronts and for the rears. I always assumed this is $875 per wheel, so 4 total. But the plural part "20-Inch Wheels" throws me off. Could this actually be $875 for a set of rears and a set of fronts, meaning $875 for two tires? Doubtful, but figured I'd ask.

Also on a separate note Accessories: Car, SUV, Truck Accessories | Chevrolet is running a 10% off sale through May 31st. Discount code "SPRING4TEN" if anyone is interested. Things like side fender vents, black out fog light and front grill replacements, etc are there.
Per wheel.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Sorry, my bad. Was looking at both Rapier and HF wheels and went with HSV Rapier. Fronts are 8" wide, rear, 9" wide. I wouldn't think you would have trouble putting 285/30R20 on the 8.5 wheels.
I didn't....the 285/30R20s were a stretch but they fit just fine. When they wear out, I might try 285/35R20 to bump the sidewall up and go from 245/35R20 on the front to 245/40R20s. That would bump the current sidewall from 3.4 inches to 3.9 inches back and front, and raise the tire height by 1 inch overall.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Just installed these rohana RF2 19"
-front are 19x8.5 33+ offset
-rear are 19x9.5 35+ offset
Fenders are rolled

Looks awesome!
Tire sizes?

·
Registered
77 Posts
You can add Ace Alloy AFF-01's to the list

You can add Ace Alloy AFF-01 brushed Mica Grey

19 x 9.0 40 offset and 19 x 10 50 offset

Bridgestone RE-11s all the way around.

reduced10.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Can I run cts-v sedan wheels on my SS lowered on granatelli springs without rubbing issues?
I think you'd be ok with that, as long as you don't need spacers on the rear after lowering. Looks like the other two SS's on gen2 wheels didn't need spacers on the rear but they are still on the stock Outback suspension. I wouldn't think you would need spacers after lowering.

Try it and let us know. :p

·
Registered
410 Posts
I think you'd be ok with that, as long as you don't need spacers on the rear after lowering. Looks like the other two SS's on gen2 wheels didn't need spacers on the rear but they are still on the stock Outback suspension. I wouldn't think you would need spacers after lowering.

Try it and let us know. :p
As soon as I find a used set at a decent price, I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
You can add Ace Alloy AFF-01 brushed Mica Grey

19 x 9.0 40 offset and 19 x 10 50 offset

Bridgestone RE-11s all the way around.

Me and buddy were wondering what these looked like on my car....now we know :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Tried to search but didn't find anything. Will the 2017 CTS-V rims fit on the SS? I believe they are 20 inchers and they are eye catching.

Edit - ok dug a little more and looks like stock CTS-V are 9.5Jx19 ET23 fronts / 10Jx19 ET39 rears. Guess the 20s I saw were optional. Will the standard ones fit without having to roll?

161 - 180 of 400 Posts