Chevy SS Forum banner

141 - 160 of 402 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Very helpful directory! Went with 20x9 +40 and 20x9.5 +49 Forgeline RB1s in Transparent Tinted Gold. Michelin Pilot Sport 4S in 255/35R20 and 275/35R20. Less aggressive than many on the board, but I wanted to keep the front/rear track ratio and am going to drop 0.75" all around and didn't want any chance of rubbing under and speed/turn/bump situations.
I need these wheels in my life. But I'm afraid to ask how much they cost.
They certainly did some damage, but there's usually a 20-25% off sale every year.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I want something more unique for my setup and I'm looking at the ZRH Rotiforms, has anyone considered these? Looks like it will have to be made custom as I can't find standard sizings for them.
I too would like to stand out. That is why I am exclusively looking at JDM wheels. I am all for pushing the envelope. Try them out, we have a marketplace if you don't like them. Quite a few FB wheel groups out there as well if you don't get much traction selling them here.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I want something more unique for my setup and I'm looking at the ZRH Rotiforms, has anyone considered these? Looks like it will have to be made custom as I can't find standard sizings for them.
Please no.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Omg! No!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
You never know, they might look good on the car...heck try um

·
Registered
915 Posts
Is it just me or is it excessively hard to simply find a sweet black or gun metal wheel that will fit our SS? Anytime I think I find out I hear rubbing, or spacers, or it's fine for now only to see the poster complain a month later.

What I don't want to do is fork over the $3k+ for the stock black wheels. But that may be my safest option.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #151 (Edited)
Is it just me or is it excessively hard to simply find a sweet black or gun metal wheel that will fit our SS? Anytime I think I find out I hear rubbing, or spacers, or it's fine for now only to see the poster complain a month later.

What I don't want to do is fork over the $3k+ for the stock black wheels. But that may be my safest option.

Yep, I mentioned it before but if you plan to lower and don't want to roll/cut fender lips, you'll need at least a +48 offset on a 9.5" rear wheel with OE tires. I went the 'safe' way with the 9.5s with 45 offset in the rear that seems so popular but had a slight scratch on uneven pavement, even with just me in the car.

Check the wheel thread. Someone posted recently of a setup that had a 49 offset, and was going to report back if it fit ok after lowering.

Edit: Just realized we ARE in the wheel thread lol. See post #137.

·
Banned
527 Posts

It is the offsets that make this car impossible. Because of the positioning of the brakes in relation to the mounting pad, anything with offset that would be ideal, is going to crash the spokes into the caliper. Look at BMW wheels. they have a lot of the offsets you need, even though they may be a little more "aggressive" than most care for, I think you would be good. Rolling the fenders is about your only option. finding someone who is good is the real trick. honestly its dumb that these cars still have this stupid lip. Camaros don't have it, and hardly any cars have it anymore now. oh well, the car cant be perfect. story of GM, close to perfect, but **** it up on minor details.

·
Registered
85 Posts
So I ordered my wheels yesterday. They are Vertini RF1.2
20X 9 +35, 20 X 10 +37 with 245/35-20 F and 285/30-20 Nitto NT 555 G2 R.
Does anyone have any feedback on those offsets and/or opinions of these tires? Vehicle to be lowered with Eibach springs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
731 Posts
I believe your rear will be about 1/2" outside the fender, so a roll and pull will be needed once lowered.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm able to revise my order for any custom offset I want. I want a flush fit without rubbing issues. What offsets do you recommend?

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
I'm able to revise my order for any custom offset I want. I want a flush fit without rubbing issues. What offsets do you recommend?

Your idea of flush might be different than mine but you might not get the flush look you're looking for without modifying the fender lip. See my post above (#151).

·
Registered
915 Posts
I see it a lot here but have no clue what it is, well apart from the somewhat self-explanatory part. "Rolling the fenders." Can someone explain in detail with relation to the SS?

·
Registered
731 Posts
I see it a lot here but have no clue what it is, well apart from the somewhat self-explanatory part. "Rolling the fenders." Can someone explain in detail with relation to the SS?
You're using a fender rolling tool to fold flat the lip on the inside of the fender arch to gain additional clearance. In Stock form, it's an L shape, you fold the bottom of the L up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
So not a fan of rolling double lip wheel well returns. Always deforms the outer reveal and my OCD eye can't stop looking at it. Sort of like food stuck in someone's teeth. You just can't stop staring at the ugly. IMO a trim to the return preserves the stock reveal.

Just find the correct offset for the width (up to 10") and no need to mod the wheel wells.

That said, the rear wheel well return is one of the only gripes I have with holden sedans. If they used a hemmed seam like most modern cars wheels would be much easier.

141 - 160 of 402 Posts