Chevy SS Forum banner

401 - 404 of 404 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Anyone have Forgelines like this Satin black? I have gloss black Holden standard wheels, but they are thick and hide the red Brembo calipers some. The flatter black seems good too. These are $$$$ though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just mounted these as my track rims. They were dirt cheap closeouts on eBay $400 for the brand new. They are Privat Reserves, brand looks like it is defunct now. 19x9.5 et40. Needed to use 5mm spacers to clear the front calipers. Tires are Michelin Cup2s 265/35-19 square. Wanted to go 275s, but got an amazing deal on these.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
Looking for some budget track wheels also.
Just mounted these as my track rims. They were dirt cheap closeouts on eBay $400 for the brand new. They are Privat Reserves, brand looks like it is defunct now. 19x9.5 et40. Needed to use 5mm spacers to clear the front calipers. Tires are Michelin Cup2s 265/35-19 square. Wanted to go 275s, but got an amazing deal on these.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
im looking for some inexpensive track wheels also. are You running same rims on front and rear? I was thinking of going with 17” or 18” square depending on cost of tires.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah, I'm running a square setup so that I can rotate the wheels and get more life out the tires. I'm not sure you'll find a 17" that will fit over the brakes. I wanted to go with 18x9.5" and run 275s all around, because obviously 18s are cheaper a than 19s, and I'd like the extra sidewall. When I was looking I couldn't find anything that I could guarantee fitment that wasn't expensive, so I ended with what I've got.

If you're ok spending about $1200 on the wheels alone, I'd totally go with a set of Apex Wheels. They are great for track work, but I couldn't justify the cost. When a track weekend is $1k not including consumables, I try to be a cheap on things when I can.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

401 - 404 of 404 Posts