Chevy SS Forum banner

381 - 388 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just mounted these as my track rims. They were dirt cheap closeouts on eBay $400 for the brand new. They are Privat Reserves, brand looks like it is defunct now. 19x9.5 et40. Needed to use 5mm spacers to clear the front calipers. Tires are Michelin Cup2s 265/35-19 square. Wanted to go 275s, but got an amazing deal on these.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a question if the below will fit on my '16 without rubbing. I will not be lowering the car and I don't want to roll the fenders. The car is my 3 season daily so it see's it's share of no passengers, one passenger, loaded with people, weight in the trunk, etc...

Rims are XO Helsinki (matte black or machined bronze); tires would be Firestone Firehawk Indy 500

Front: 19x8.5 w/ +35 offset. Tire size 255 40 19
Rear: 19x10 w/ +45 offset. Tire size 285 35 19

I'm pretty sure the front will be fine, but the rear is my concern. I've looked thru most of the wheel posts and the wheel directory a couple times but haven't seen a definite answer for this setup on a stock height SS; may have missed it. Thanks!

So after putting just over 1200 miles on this set up I figured it's time for a report. Love how the car looks with the rims. But, if tour mode is selected it will rub slightly in the rear if I hit a large dip or bump with only me in the car. Front is fine with anything. Sport mode helps a lot and putting the suspension into perf. mode eliminates the rubbing no matter what. After taking a 400+ mile trip with a fully loaded car with 8 bags (5 in the trunk, 3 in the back seat), 2 coolers and a full tank of gas the rear did rub while in tour and sport when I went over a few rough bridge transitions at highway speed but perf will make sure that won't happen. I do not plan on rolling the rear fenders for the rub is so minor and rarely happens on my daily commute (has happened twice in the last month of commuting).

Now for the Indy 500s. I really like these tires. They preform very well. Grip level is similar to the OEM bridgestones but I find them to be a little more controllable at the limit and the ride is quieter and smoother.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Got new wheels and tires put on in early September. Had about 38k on the originals and honestly, they still have life left in them. Probably could've got another 10k out of them.

Went with AFF O2's in black chrome. 20X9 (et37) up front and 20x10.5 (et52) out back. Wrapped them in Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. 265/35R20 flavor up front and some BEEFY 305/30R20 in the rear. Capped them off with some gorilla lug nuts and caps.

Did not lower the car or roll the fenders. No rubbing has occurred but suspect it could be an issue if I had a trunk load full of gear or was hauling around 2-3 of my larger buddies in the back seat.

Love the stance, love the look and the tire performance is WAY better than the stockers. Much much quieter, better grip in the corners, harder launches can be made. No input on wet weather performance as it hasn't rained out here yet.

Now for some pics....yes, I know she's dirty and they're not the best but you get the idea. Better pictures coming after I get it detailed and ceramic coated this winter.

Old front vs new front
IMG_1300.jpg

old rear vs new rear
IMG_1303.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

·
Registered
109 Posts
I may have missed it but I didn't see mine on there.

I have XXR 559 Slingshot wheels in Bronze
Specs:
19 x 8.5 +40 w/ 1" Spacer - tire width 245
19 x 10 +40 - tire width 275

Also for context I'm lowered on eibachs and the rear fenders are rolled (I was getting slight rub with bumps during hard cornering.)

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
I may have missed it but I didn't see mine on there.

I have XXR 559 Slingshot wheels in Bronze
Specs:
19 x 8.5 +40 w/ 1" Spacer - tire width 245
19 x 10 +40 - tire width 275

Also for context I'm lowered on eibachs and the rear fenders are rolled (I was getting slight rub with bumps during hard cornering.)
View attachment 278656 View attachment 278657 View attachment 278658 View attachment 278659
Those look great! I have been wondering what those wheels look like on the car. I have seen them on Maverick Man’s website, but the pics on the site just didn’t look right to me. It looked like the tires were too big. Yours looks perfect.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Those look great! I have been wondering what those wheels look like on the car. I have seen them on Maverick Man’s website, but the pics on the site just didn’t look right to me. It looked like the tires were too big. Yours looks perfect.
Yeah I really like the bronze on a HW car.
I did have to roll the rear fenders to prevent rubbing (doesn't rub at all now). I'm lowered on eibachs, so if you're stock height it may be fine.

381 - 388 of 388 Posts