181 - 200 of 400 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Yeah..... still terrible..

·
Registered
38 Posts
I spent a significant amount of time stressing about the proper fitment and offset to ensure I can go wider wheel and tire without having to roll fenders. I hate that idea since it'll just trap moisture and corrode the rear fenders over time. This calc was awesome:Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit BIG thanks to whoever originally posted it!

I settled on the Forgstar F14 wheels since making a custom wheel order was easier and a little cheaper than hunting down perfect offset wheels.

Fronts: 19x9 +38 (pokes out .65" from stock)
Rear: 19x10 +48 (pokes out .85" from stock)

Tires are Michelin Pilot Super Sports
Front: 255/40-19
Rear: 285/35-19

The car is sitting on King SL springs. I'm very excited to say that they do not rub whatsoever with or without people in the car. Took it to the TOTD and had zero issues cornering very hard in some areas. Hope this helps folks who are looking to go wide, lower, and not roll fenders. I *could* probably go with a 295 tire in the rear but maybe not the Super Sports since these tires are wider to start than normal 285 due to the wheel lip protector.

Attachments

·
Registered
674 Posts
I spent a significant amount of time stressing about the proper fitment and offset to ensure I can go wider wheel and tire without having to roll fenders. I hate that idea since it'll just trap moisture and corrode the rear fenders over time. This calc was awesome:Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit BIG thanks to whoever originally posted it!

I settled on the Forgstar F14 wheels since making a custom wheel order was easier and a little cheaper than hunting down perfect offset wheels.

The car is sitting on King SL springs. I'm very excited to say that they do not rub whatsoever with or without people in the car. Took it to the TOTD and had zero issues cornering very hard in some areas. Hope this helps folks who are looking to go wide, lower, and not roll fenders. I *could* probably go with a 295 tire in the rear but maybe not the Super Sports since these tires are wider to start than normal 285 due to the wheel lip protector.
I just bought those springs (I now have Eibach) and I am debating on wheels...
Do you have profile photos? Please.
I really like the stance.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just bought those springs (I now have Eibach) and I am debating on wheels...
Do you have profile photos? Please.
I really like the stance.
I do in a couple other recent posts in other threads. Look up my screen name, there's about 4 or 5 other pics of side shots.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just a quick picture for you guys thinking about taller wheels or tires this is a picture of the front strut, if you look close the coil spring base is very close to the top of the stock height tire and wheel, the coil base is actually hanging over the top of the tire..2016 SS

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
not seeing posts, but I am considering widening a set of 2015 front wheels to 19x11 and putting some Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 325/30/19 tires on and throwing them on the rear. not a lowered car. offset should be around +48mm. not sure if it clear or if fender rolling will be needed. thinking it might sit flush with fender or might slightly outside of it.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #192

Great info, thanks for posting! Sounds like I was right about my guestimation of at least a 48 offset in the rear would be required without rolling fender lips (based on my slight scratch with 45 offset rears). I'm surprised you still have no issue with the 285s though. Good to know!

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
20x9 Giovanna haleb wheels. 255/35 20 squared setup. Lowered each springs and. BMR lower control arms and trailing arms and tunnel brace
Offset info and more pics, please. Thanks.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Rohana RC9 19x9.5 +35 Square, DWS06 285/35R19 (2017 SS)

Adding this to the stickied wheel thread for better discoverability… more details on my selection and install process here.

UPDATE - Bottom line: this is pretty much the largest wide/square setup you can run on the SS without having to bend metal or make other major changes. An optimal wide/square setup is probably 19x9.0 +38/+40 with 275/35 tires, especially if you want the tire visibly inside the fender. I went with 9.5" because that was the only width available in this wheel other than an 8.0". When I eventually have to replace tires, I'll go back to a 275/35.

UPDATE II - After a 2,000 mile road trip last weekend with a loaded trunk and wife (not loaded!), I was getting some light rubbing on more severe swales in the road, so it looks like I'll probably need to roll at least my rear fenders. This confirms that a 275 section width is best with this wheel setup.

Wheels
Rohana RC9, Graphite/stainless steel lip (low pressure cast)
Size: 19x9.5
Offset: +35
Center Bore: 66.9mm to 72.56mm centering rings required
Brake Caliper Clearance: No issues, fit with plenty of room.
Weight: 28lb by bathroom scale
Wheel + Tire weight: ~48lb by bathroom scale (as compared to ~57lb rear, ~47lb front for OEM wheel+tire)

Tires
Continental DWS06
Size: 285/35R19

Suspension
Stock, not lowered.

Alignment
Front Camber: -1.35
Rear Camber: -1.07

Fenders
Stock, not rolled.

Interference Issues
  • Front inside tire sidewall lightly rubs strut barrel under hard cornering. UPDATE - After driving to work on these for a week, with some spirited on-ramp-twisties, I am seeing no further evidence of rubbing on the struts. Vigorous driving such as autox may result in some rubbing, but I'm satisfied that 'normal' driving will be fine with no interference issues. Update II - getting some light rubbing with a loaded trunk and passenger, so I'll probably go ahead and roll the rear fenders a bit.
  • No other interference issues that I could tell (including lock-to-lock steering).
Handling/Ride Changes
  • No tramlining issues, in fact, seems to be more stable than the OEM wheels/tires.
  • Turn-in/rotation seems *snappier*.
  • Less grippy than the Potenzas (but to be expected) - I can break the back end loose easier.
  • Quieter than my OEM wheels/tires, but they had 13,000 on them (60-70% tread). I've had DWS06s before and they do tend to get noisy with some miles on them.

es

·
Registered
29 Posts
285 Square Setup

I'll post more details as soon as I am granted the "privilege" of starting a thread.

Details:

Wheels: Konig 54GG Ultraform Wheels (Flowformed), 19x9.0 ET35, 20.2 lbs average each.

Tires: 285/35R19 Continental Extreme Contact Sports (approved rim width: 9.0 to 11.0)

Wheel and Tire Weight: Average 46.8 pounds

Suspension: Stock

Alignment: Front: -.7 degrees Camber, 6.8 degrees Caster
Rear -1.0 degrees Camber

No rubs as of yet. ~ 1/2" of clearance between front strut and tire sidewall.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Just put my f-14 on

I used stock tires but I'll up size once I smoke some rubber off. I went with 19x9 +42 front and 19x10 +48 rear. I also have king SL. I had SSSL but that was way to low for me.

Attachments

181 - 200 of 400 Posts