Chevy SS Forum banner

SS owners in Massachusetts?

9K views 49 replies 27 participants last post by  SaberOne 
#1 ·
I'm still trying to decide whether to sell my 2011 BMW 335is convertible and go for the 2016 SS. It's a tough decision because I love the Bimmer but am looking at the end of the extended service contract and warranty. I also feel like I need a more practical car with a real back seat but I will really miss the top-down driving starting this time of year. I'm also going to miss participating in the CT BMW club. It's a great club with a lot of activities. :frown

Are there any other MA owners? I saw the the thread for CT owners. I am in Springfield, in western MA so not far from CT and go down there quite often. I looked at and drove SS's in Waterbury and Terryville.

It appears that most contributors in this Northeast region are in NY.

Vernon

#4 ·
Cool, Greg8. Glad to know there's someone else up here. I'll check out the map. I was trying to find it but didn't see it on the drop-down menus.

Vernon

#6 ·
Got my 2016 2SS 6M Nightfall Gray about a week and a half ago. We live in Westhampton, but the car beds down nightly inside our shop in Hadley(across from Quarters, right on the bike path) Our driveway at home would kill it and the shop has enough cameras that I can look at it anytime I want. We actually bought from Central in West Springfield, salesman was awesome, found us rebates we didn't even know about. Ending up knocking the price down quite a bit. He was even cool on the test drive when I "accidently" hit 125 on 91.

#8 ·
Welcome! You need 4 doors to hang around these parts though. :devil

#7 ·
Well, welcome to the Chevy SS Sedan forum Com69!
Glad you are here, but you may get more relevant info on the Camaro forums.

#10 ·
I'm in Cambridge now but am from Deerfield so I get out there a lot. Also saw my first SS in the wild since I've owned mine today - Heron White parked in a little lot near the exit 33 rotary off 93. Had my eyes peeled for one for the past three months!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#15 ·
Most likely me, hehe. There is another Mystic Green around, and I think it's my 2014 that I traded for my 2015. I do know the 2014 was sold locally. I do go down to Winchester from time to time, and that date, being a Saturday, was probably me.

I've only seen two in the wild in 3 years, what I believe is my previous one, and one other.

#12 ·
I'm glad to see there are more SS's in the MA-RI-CT area. It would be great to plan a get together some weekend.

I'm working in the South Boston area around Braintree this week and was in Rockland and Dorchester last week. You may see me around in my blue 16.

Tomorrow, I'll be driving around down in the Providence area, then home to Springfield.

I'll be watching for you guys.

Looks like the map hasn't been updated for a while. I think I sent a request to be added after buying my SS almost a month ago.

#16 ·
I live in Quincy. I have 2017 PBM A6, roof and spare. I have seen a 14 PBM around a couple of times.
Btw stay away from Quirk Chevy for service. A long story but they damaged my drivers door panel & mirror and rear valance. They are going to replace them but 500 miles on the car and already having parts replaced doesn't sit well with me. A car is only original once.

#21 ·
Welcome to the forum and the Massachusetts area owners group. Sorry about your experience with the Chevy dealer. I hope we can meet soon.

#18 ·
Glad to see some new members/owners in the Massachusetts area. It would be great to get together and get acquainted some weekend. I met with a few Connecticut owners last fall but nothing has been organized this year yet that I know of. I don't know that I am the best for organizing as I travel quite a bit for my job but if we could come up with a date that everyone could make, then we could pick a place that is kind of central and that would be a start.

Our somewhat nice weather won't last for too long. I saw Halloween and fall decorations in the stores at Holyoke mall yesterday and it's barely August.

Vernon in Springfield

#19 ·
Glad to see some new members/owners in the Massachusetts area. It would be great to get together and get acquainted some weekend. I met with a few Connecticut owners last fall but nothing has been organized this year yet that I know of. I don't know that I am the best for organizing as I travel quite a bit for my job but if we could come up with a date that everyone could make, then we could pick a place that is kind of central and that would be a start.

Our somewhat nice weather won't last for too long. I saw Halloween and fall decorations in the stores at Holyoke mall yesterday and it's barely August.

Vernon in Springfield

Hey Vernon. We are close as I live in Chicopee. I hate seeing the decorations out as I just bought this car so I know weather is changing soon. Too soon for me.

A meet up would be cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22 ·
It was a beautiful day in North Adams yesterday for the Motorarama Car Show. GTO/SS and I had our SS sedans there to represent the group. Here's a shot of mine.

Attachments

#24 ·
hello,
i got a '17 Herron White late last month, live in Mansfield. Chevys7096: I grew up in Quincy, Quirk's had a bad rep as far back as I can remember. I recall they screwed over my sister-in-law in the 1980's.

#27 ·
Welcome to the forum. We should get a New England gathering together in the spring. I'm always jealous seeing large gatherings on the forum. We need one around here. I can only imagine with the 20% sale that we will have a few more members in New England soon. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#32 ·
a cars & coffee in new england would be good. we don't have to make an SS-only one.
we can pick some other cars & coffee and all go there and stage a coup.

for example, let's all go to the vw cabriolet/convertible cars & coffee and meet some chicks.

Let's bring our fleet of SS to the PRIUS cars & coffee and meet some tree-hugging planet-saving chicks who don't care about cars whatsoever.
Personalyl i am all set with coffee and a chick here locally, so both hands are non-metaphorically full right now.

but the rest of you wallflower guys, you may need an SS wing-man, and you can count on me.

Happy Thanksgiving From The Birthplace of American Liberty and military defeats, Lexington massachusetts, where there will be at least one Chevy SS today.

#35 ·
I think only headers are a no-go in MA (until our cars are 15+ years old). Who are you having do the install? Mine is at 30k and will soon be out of warranty:)

I've only seen one other SS around her- on Boston Post Road the other day but of course it was so unexpected I didn't realise one was coming the other way until it went right by.

#36 ·
I'm installing the whipple and the baseline tune I am going to use the Whipple base tune. My buddy also does a lot of tuning so him and I will tweak it. I just ordered a Rotofab and also Solo High Flow Cats. I also want to get exhaust cut outs. As long as it isn't popping any codes and I can keep the exhaust noise down I don't foresee having any problems in getting it to pass inspection.

Where in MA are you located?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.