Chevy SS Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,018 Posts
@15SuperSport Beautiful!!! Nice style!!

Ok, lets forget about the Chevrolet SS and its differences to its Holden counter part. Most equate it to a Redline and I'm trying not to go into a debate as to what the Chevrolet SS is and stay on the topic of what's an Australian SS and what's an Australian SSV please.

Lets assume we are talking about Holden Commodore SS V series and VF series2 Redlines.

I'll repectfully ask it this way...

What year and model Holden Commodore used this emblem?
View attachment 293997

What year and model Holden Commodore used this emblem? View attachment 293998
Watch the video I linked above in post #16. At about 5:30 in is the back of a 2016 Holden Commodore SSV Redline, the closest car to yours in year, engine and options. I would run with that. As for the SSV badge, perhaps our Australian brethren can help with that answer.

Reactions: Burt Gummer

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
@15SuperSport Beautiful!!! Nice style!!

Ok, lets forget about the Chevrolet SS and its differences to its Holden counter part. Most equate it to a Redline and I'm trying not to go into a debate as to what the Chevrolet SS is and stay on the topic of what's an Australian SS and what's an Australian SSV please.

Lets assume we are talking about Holden Commodore SS V series and VF series2 Redlines.

I'll repectfully ask it this way...

What year and model Holden Commodore used this emblem?
View attachment 293997

What year and model Holden Commodore used this emblem? View attachment 293998
First 'SS' is a VE SS boot (Trunk) badge https://jhp.com.au/shop/badging-grilles/holden-commodore-ve-ss-trunk-badge-boot-badge/
Second SSV is a VE boot (Trunk) badge https://jhp.com.au/shop/badging-grilles/holden-commodore-ve-ssv-trunk-badge-boot-badge/

·
Registered
17, heron white, automatic, sunroof, inflator, 143 of 167
18 Posts
I have always found it confusing. So what I did was to convert to Holden logos but keep the the US "SS" as it is embroidered on the front seats. I like consistency inside and out. I will not reprogram the HUD or the electronic "Chevy" displays since it is a pain. Post your conversions once done. Good luck. Doug

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I'm going to step out on a limb based on the information provided by @peterhor ..

The SS emblem would have been used on any SS VE through VF models up through 2015

The SSV emblem .. for the SS-V models up through 2015 ( red V on the redline edition )

For 2016/2017; the SS emblem on one side and the VF Series 2 badge on the other side.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I have always found it confusing. So what I did was to convert to Holden logos but keep the the US "SS" as it is embroidered on the front seats. I like consistency inside and out. I will not reprogram the HUD or the electronic "Chevy" displays since it is a pain. Post your conversions once done. Good luck. Doug
That may be the way to go…it’s a Chevy inside and a Holden outside. Easiest to accomplish and explain.

Basically an awesome sandwich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: wilkin4
21 - 26 of 26 Posts