Chevy SS Forum banner

281 - 300 of 312 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
There we some issues with the template I used but Signs.com design service took the file and made the necessary changes for free. This was over a year ago so that may have changed.

2016 SSB, stick, hole, spare

·
Registered
26 Posts
There we some issues with the template I used but Signs.com design service took the file and made the necessary changes for free. This was over a year ago so that may have changed.

2016 SSB, stick, hole, spare
Ok I will see if they can fix it for me. Thanks!

·
Registered
440 Posts
going to try to do one myself... thanks for all the tips guys

·
Registered
422 Posts
Does Chris Frech MAKE these plates or just does the design work that you then submit to sign.com? B.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Does Chris Frech MAKE these plates or just does the design work that you then submit to sign.com? B.
It's an end-to-end service, but my guess is he outsources production to signs.com or a similar local sign company.

It is definitely cheaper to DIY, but for people who aren't that great at Photoshop, and/or aren't familiar with basic printing requirements for graphics, he will probably get better results than you.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Got it thanks. B.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I seen quite a few asking about a template for build plaques. Some of yall likely do not have Photoshop or maybe are not proficient with the application. For those who have converted their SS to a Holden (where it started life), attached is a PowerPoint template I am using on my car. I still need my build data to complete mine, but you are welcome to use this and alter as you see fit. Graphics are from free web access. Base template is from the ssforums, as I thought it a very nice start and wouldn't it be cool if we all had a base template generally the same format. If you opt to remove the HSV logo and lower right call out, simply move the top ghosted overlay to the right some and delete and/or replace those graphics with your choice. To change any data, just edit that data field in PowerPoint. You may need to move the text boxes some to keep centered, or left justify if that's your thing. For mine, I am cutting a thin aluminum backer plate and a top plexiglass cover - both matching in size to the template and sandwiching the printed template inside (printed on a high quality color laser jet at work - or Kinkos, FedEx or the sort could print one for you). These are then drilled 1/8" holes on the four corners, match drilled to the fuse box cover, and affixed using 1/4" nylon spacers under the plate (double washers would work as well), then attached using button head Allen machine screws and nuts. Kodos and thanks to the originator of this plaque format.

Well, since I can't attach a .pptx file, and the zip is too big. See a JPG representation. If you want the PowerPoint file, PM me and I will send it.

Attachments

·
Registered
670 Posts
Do they do these with vf2 ss commodores and what do you do if you dont have photoshop is there a version you can fill out and email back ect ,and how do you find them on the site .I am in australia

·
Super Moderator
14,220 Posts
@aussie vf 2 - posts 1, 10 and 40 in this thread should be of help in setting up a plate to send to signs.com
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Received my build plaque from Signs.com today. Love it! Now, it's a bit plain jane compared to some I've seen in this thread but that's not a problem for me.
Here is the reason I love this forum. Because there are guys here that share their experiences and ideas, I was able to get the build information, get the plaque created, and even ideas on how to mount it to the fuse lid! The list of things I've learned from this forum just goes on and on! Thanks to all for sharing... I don't have it mounted yet, but I have to tell you, I am STOKED!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,169 Posts
Received my build plaque from Signs.com today. Love it! Now, it's a bit plain jane compared to some I've seen in this thread but that's not a problem for me.
Here is the reason I love this forum. Because there are guys here that share their experiences and ideas, I was able to get the build information, get the plaque created, and even ideas on how to mount it to the fuse lid! The list of things I've learned from this forum just goes on and on! Thanks to all for sharing... I don't have it mounted yet, but I have to tell you, I am STOKED!
I am going to reference this excellent post here:

https://www.ssforums.com/forum/3448083-post10.html

·
Registered
20 Posts
I contacted Chevy customer service and they told me numbers 12-17 in the VIN were the sequential numbers that told when it came off the assembly line, however looking at the pictures you all have posted I don't think that is true (unless it's the number from the total based when it started production in '14, but that still doesn't seem true). I've contacted Chevy Support on these forums, but unfortunately I think they have gone silent since our cars are no longer in production. Anyone else have any idea where I could get this info?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I contacted Chevy customer service and they told me numbers 12-17 in the VIN were the sequential numbers that told when it came off the assembly line, however looking at the pictures you all have posted I don't think that is true (unless it's the number from the total based when it started production in '14, but that still doesn't seem true). I've contacted Chevy Support on these forums, but unfortunately I think they have gone silent since our cars are no longer in production. Anyone else have any idea where I could get this info?
The last VIN digits are in fact sequential and reset for each year, but also include Commodores, Caprices, and other VF-platform sedans for other markets. My last digits are 00020, but mine was only the third SS produced for 2016.

There is a guy named Benjamin Langhammer on Facebook who has compiled configuration info for the SSes and can send you the "X of Y" numbers for both year and config, now that GM is no longer providing that info on the build sheets. Not sure if he is on the forums or not. You can still email [email protected] and provide your VIN to get the build sheet for your car without any of that info.

Attached is a pic of my plaque for my 2016. I modified my old template to give some room for Allen bolts. Also changed the fonts a bit to give it a more "build-plaque" aesthetic.

Attachments

Reactions: bourmb

·
Super Moderator
14,220 Posts
Pretty sure GM is now charging for the build sheets according to recent posts. Not cheap either!

·
Premium Member
15,024 Posts
Pretty sure GM is now charging for the build sheets according to recent posts. Not cheap either!

The build sheets are just a list of the RPO codes as listed on the SPID. A waste of money!!!

A GM dealer can print the info out.

281 - 300 of 312 Posts