Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for warranty work in SE Michigan? I have an intermittent howling/whining noise from my front end, think it is either wheel bearing or something in the brakes. I have taken it to Wally Edgar in Lake Orion twice and they keep telling me it is tire noise, which I am sure it is NOT. Getting pretty frustrated.

Any recommendation of a local dealer that knows these cars well? I am in the Birmingham/Troy area.

Thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
Never had to have anything but oil changes on mine got it from Les Stanford in Dearborn. They service alot of Covettes and sell COPO Camaros.
Second that. Take it to the dealer that sells and services more corvettes and CTS-vs than anyone else.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never had to have anything but oil changes on mine got it from Les Stanford in Dearborn. They service alot of Covettes and sell COPO Camaros.
Second that. Take it to the dealer that sells and services more corvettes and CTS-vs than anyone else.
I’ll probably take it to George Matick in Redford where I bought it from. They have a huge showroom full of Corvettes and Camaros... Just a pain to get it all the way down there.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I bought my car at Matick. Had a tire issue within the first month of owning it. They did right by me in ordering a new tire for free...HOWEVER, 6 unaccounted miles of joyriding had been logged. I complained because the car had under 50 miles when I took it there with poor justification for the added miles.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought my car at Matick. Had a tire issue within the first month of owning it. They did right by me in ordering a new tire for free...HOWEVER, 6 unaccounted miles of joyriding had been logged. I complained because the car had under 50 miles when I took it there with poor justification for the added miles.
I can’t stand dealers....that sucks! Thanks for the feedback.

Anybody ever tried Mike Savoie Chevy in Troy? That’s the closest one to my house.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm in the same quandary myself. I live in Oxford and the closest dealer is Wally Edgar. I work in Troy and Savoie could be an option but back in '97 I had my worst dealer experience with them when trying to purchase a new car. That was a long time ago and it wasn't the service department but there's the principle of it.

I bought mine from Matick as well. It was two years ago and it hasn't been to a dealer since as I do the standard maintenance myself. The car although not perfect has not needed any warranty work. The build quality was very good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts