Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this happened to me last week and hasn't happened before or since and wondering if anyone has this happen to them.

While driving using the ratio (on Satellite) I changed stations and went to terrestrial radio and tonally lost all sound in the radio. No stations would give me any sound no matter what volume I set it to. At the same time (as I was making a left), there was no turn signal tick, tick that could be heard. The urn signal was blinking but no sound.

Very odd as I had to drive for another few minutes and nothing came back on. When I parked, shut the car off, and restarted it, everything came back as normal. It's been fine ever since too.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
All of that audio goes through the Bose amp in the passenger side of the trunk. With the audio signal coming from the head unit, it's likely one of those two areas. If you've got something plugged into the OBD port, I'd unplug it as those often cause strange gremlins like this in the electrical system.

·
Registered
756 Posts
had it happen to my 17 about a month or 2 ago.....drove it back home, checked the forum , and restarted car....some posts say "expect it to re-occur". your turn signals will still illuminate. its a pleasant sound....silence, ( instead of the worlds loudest turn signal that can be heard on Mars. ) Only thing worth mentioning is that I often get a "Service Side Detection" at start up. As mentioned above, anything plugged in or knowingly "not normal" with your cars electronics???

Reactions: SaberOne

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all.

The only thing I had plugged in was a charger for my iPhone as I was using Waze (without bluetooth so I could hear the directions)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts