Chevy SS Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
from Instagram:

g8onlyI guess the ? is out of the ?!! We have been working with @kooksheaders to exclusively bring you 2” headers for your G8 and SS that will bolt directly up to your KOOKs catback or equivalent (SOLO or CORSA with connection pipes). That means.. you can get more flow or upgrade your exhaust system WITHOUT having to change out your entire exhaust!!! Saving you a ton of money!
These are set to be available for shipment in the coming weeks and we WILL be having an introductory Pre-Order sale on these for Black Friday.
These will be a G8Only and SSOnly EXCLUSIVE! Oh my..did I say exclusive??

·
Registered
34 Posts
At what level do you need Green cats. I am looking to do headers, Rotofab and LSA conversion. Kooks High flows cats be OK?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Interesting. I'm currently looking into doing a arh 2" system. I have outgrown my kooks 1 7/8" system. I have the kooks system from cylinder heads to exhaust tips, no cats of course. I would consider this for ease of the swap but honestly I was looking forward to the arh system with true 3" duals unlike the kooks system that necks down before the kooks rear section.
My car would be a great platform to test before (1 7/8") and after (2") imo.
This spring I'm coming with a substantialy bigger cube motor, more boost and a little sprinkle on top...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Interesting. I'm currently looking into doing a arh 2" system. I have outgrown my kooks 1 7/8" system. I have the kooks system from cylinder heads to exhaust tips, no cats of course. I would consider this for ease of the swap but honestly I was looking forward to the arh system with true 3" duals unlike the kooks system that necks down before the kooks rear section.

My car would be a great platform to test before (1 7/8") and after (2") imo.

This spring I'm coming with a substantialy bigger cube motor, more boost and a little sprinkle on top...

I got the 3” solo street race exhaust and will be getting the 2” kooks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
At what level do you need Green cats. I am looking to do headers, Rotofab and LSA conversion. Kooks High flows cats be OK?
Thanks
No cats would be ok...
If you have to run cats, the green cats would be the only ones to consider but they can still come apart. The best bet is to run no cats. I started with kooks green cats, now I have no cats of that says anything.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Sound/Smell Difference?

No cats would be ok...
If you have to run cats, the green cats would be the only ones to consider but they can still come apart. The best bet is to run no cats. I started with kooks green cats, now I have no cats of that says anything.
Just curious...I am about to pull trigger on headers and exhaust (keeping bimodals) with longer terms plans to add supercharger. I was thinking of leaving cats of some type for smell and keeping sound from going over the top, but I was wondering if both those "concerns" were misguided. Since you seem to have done both sides of the fence, I think you are well positioned to answer. thx.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just curious...I am about to pull trigger on headers and exhaust (keeping bimodals) with longer terms plans to add supercharger. I was thinking of leaving cats of some type for smell and keeping sound from going over the top, but I was wondering if both those "concerns" were misguided. Since you seem to have done both sides of the fence, I think you are well positioned to answer. thx.
Yes I want to keep some sort of cats. I have my 09 CTSV LSA heavy modded. with no cats. Cant stand the smell. even on a short trip.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Kind of lame that OP hypes this up, drags it out, and then someone else has to do the actual reveal.

The inability to follow through on a simple marketing thread does not inspire confidence.
You obviously have not purchased through G8Only or SSOnly before. There is not one re-seller out there that does more for the US based Holden community than the OP. His company is who most Holden owners deal with exclusively for good reason. I have the utmost confidence that these will be the best 2" headers available for the G8/SS between Kooks quality and the solid reputation of the OP's company.

·
Registered
459 Posts
You obviously have not purchased through G8Only or SSOnly before. There is not one re-seller out there that does more for the US based Holden community than the OP. His company is who most Holden owners deal with exclusively for good reason. I have the utmost confidence that these will be the best 2" headers available for the G8/SS between Kooks quality and the solid reputation of the OP's company.

That’s great!

However my statements stand. Anyone that has not already dealt with them (such as myself) would and should be wary of dealing with a vendor that stops responding to their own marketing thread.

If they can’t respond in their own thread that’s trying to sell me something, why would I think they’d respond if I had an issue with something I bought from them?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Hey guys! Sorry for the delayed response in getting the information to you..

Updates:

Alfred from NC has graciously dropped his SS off at Kooks for test fitting last week.. As of friday the test fit went perfect and they are going to finish the final welding and run it through some heat cycles to ensure nothing changes or shifts during operation. Should be in actual production in the next week. Putting our timeline for our shipping to customers at about 6 weeks out!!

We have made sure that the car supplied already has a Kooks 1 7/8" Headers and a Kooks compatible catback.. The goal here to ensure that these headers not only fit the Kooks X Pipe but ALSO other aftermarket compatible options such as the Kooks to Corsa connection pipes AND the SOLO to Kooks connection pipes.. This way.. all of us with 1 7/8 kooks that have compatible cat backs already do not have to upgrade our entire exhaust.

As for CALI residents.. we will be able to sell these to you under the terms that they will ONLY be used for OFF-Road purposes as they do NOT pass CA CARB.. If you buy these and put them on a street car, you are taking full responsibility as that is not their intended use in your state.

They will carry a price tag of 1249.99 - And currently we are finalizing the welded name plates and final production dates.

Again, I do apologize for the lack of reply to this post as i do not come on here much.. but will be sure to make it a point to visit back daily to answer any questions you might have.. you can also contact us via email or phone number on the site.

Attached is our Intro Black Friday Pre-Sale flyer And the latest photo sent to use FROM Kooks Engineering department of the final design before being welded up completely.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
That’s great!

However my statements stand. Anyone that has not already dealt with them (such as myself) would and should be wary of dealing with a vendor that stops responding to their own marketing thread.

If they can’t respond in their own thread that’s trying to sell me something, why would I think they’d respond if I had an issue with something I bought from them?
You are correct.. i will make it a point to be on here more to reply and interact.. To be honest i wasnt even aware that the post had gotten this many responses until i logged on this morning.

Ill be around much more on the forums from now on.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Without cats, when running gasoline you will notice a smell. When on E85 to E60 the smell is pretty much non excitant.
No matter what you do the car is going to be loud with headers and a x pipe, cats might take it down a little bit at the risk of coming apart when your are making more power. The kooks mufflers are significantly quieter than my factory 14 mufflers. For noise management, a resonator in line would do more and be cheaper or similar in cost without the risk.
Yes I want to keep some sort of cats. I have my 09 CTSV LSA heavy modded. with no cats. Cant stand the smell. even on a short trip.
Can you switch to ethonal? That will manage the smell along with other wonderful benefits.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts