Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has had any issues with solo high flow cats setting a cel for cat efficiency. I’ve had these on for about 20k miles and had no issues until about a thousand miles ago. No tune and only rotofab. Now I get persistent cel that comes back pretty quick once I clear it.
anyone else have a similar experience while I wait to hear back from solo.
thanks,
Ben

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Any aftermarket cat is going to be needed to be tuned for, they are not as effective as factory ones.

·
Registered
307 Posts
As JayJ said, try a extension/spacer, it lifts the sensor out of the exhaust flow a lil bit.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not using an extender. Not even sure if they came with any back in 2015 when I ordered them. Just strange to me that I never had a CEL for 20k miles and I do now.
To me that indicates a decrease in efficiency, which mean the potential to plug. I guess it’s probably more likely that it was on edge of setting a CEL all along and a slight decrease in efficiency and an aging O2 sensor pushed it over.

anyone have any experience running these for more than 20k without the O2 extenders?

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet SS; RH2, 6M, Sunroof, Full-size spare, #53 of 58 built in 2017
655 Posts
The extender tricks the system. You getting a CEL is due to not having an extender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ls3convert

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone have any experience running without extenders? If so for how long?

im sure extenders will get rid of the CEL, just curious why it is only happening now after so many miles without issue.

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts