Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
2014 Chevy SS Heron White
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Still new to the SS community. Just excited about this part that arrived this evening. Will try to install tomorrow evening. My current setup is VCM OTR, 160 tstat, cam motion stage 3 mild cam "high lift" 220/230 .595/.595 117+4LSA, chromoly pushrods, .625 beehive springs, BTR trunnion kit, melling oil pump, JBA titanium ceramic shorty headers, 3" solo street race catback and ive been using HP tuners to tune it. Prior to the catback I was pushing 418rwhp. Wonder with the catback and now these hi flow cats if it's bump up the tq and hp throughout the rpm range. Have quite a few videos of the stages of parts that changed the sound of my car... moment I get this part ill upload the latest. Wish me luck getting to the upstream sensors! 馃馃

Registered
2017 Chevrolet SS; RH2, 6M, Sunroof, Full-size spare, #53 of 58 built in 2017
I HAD the Street Race setup which was fine until I put the Solo cats on the car then the car was stupid loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mofokriSS

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I HAD the Street Race setup which was fine until I put the Solo cats on the car then the car was stupid loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you have any mods at the time? Headers? What did you do to tone it down? Any feedback is appreciated

Registered
I have the Solo cats pushing through a G-8 Corsa catback. Fairly tame at cruising levels, but I'm told it's damn loud under WOT.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I'm looking for a more aggressive idle. Had I done it over i wouldve gotten a more narrow LSA on my cam maybe a 113-114. I think opening the up the exhaust from the cats will make the idle more present. Im letting the car cool down atm so wish me luck

Registered
Guys,

Got my Solo HFC installed and the difference in power and throttle response is very noticeable and imagine after a Livernois retune, it will be more discernable...

Wig(y)

Reactions: mofokriSS

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I have no regrets getting them either. The music coming out my engine got even more pronounced, clearer, deeper and of course, louder. Drone is not present. Been wanting to go back to the dyno to see difference in power but im waiting on e85 kit before I go. Glad you liked it! I didnt add the o2 extenders which I been meaning to install. Got check engine light right away but removed with hp tuners atm til I install them.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8

1 - 8 of 8 Posts