Chevy SS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
SOLD
Having recently retired, we're moving far enough South that I will no longer need my winter wheel setup.

For Sale is a set of four Michelin X-Ice tires mounted on PPV 18" steel wheels with TPMS sensors, trim rings, center caps and lug nuts. Tires were purchased in December 2017 and have around 10K miles on them. IMPORTANT NOTE - you must use front brake pads without balancing tabs in order for the 18" wheels to clear. Stock rear brake pads clear fine.

Price is $950 for the set if you pick them up at our Toulon, IL farm located about 40 minutes NW of Peoria. I'm willing to drive to meet closer to Chicago, Indianapolis, Quad Cities, etc. for an extra fee to cover my time and fuel.

Thanks for looking,

es

Attachments

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump. More snow coming this weekend!

es

·
Registered
118 Posts
Those look pretty cool, and a great price for the set. I swear by my Michelins during NY winters. GLWS

·
Registered
400 Posts
Are you willing to ship?

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd consider it. What Zip? I'll see what the cost will be, let me know if you have a preferred shipper.

es

·
Registered
400 Posts
might be rethinking. Might keep my current setup through this winter and look for winter tires next winter.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KK, NP - thanks for your interest, and enjoy your new (to you) SS! I have 72K on mine already.

es

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bumping again, and will accept $900 for the set, including driving to meet you at no extra charge within 2 hours (one way) from our farm.

es

Reactions: CB750

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, still have them. I can look into shipping cost for you - your zip is in CO, right? Looked at your profile, not many posts... sounded like you were looking for a NGM 6MT (same as mine, so good choice there!). What’d you end up getting?

I’ll measure the tread depth tomorrow and post back.

es

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tread is right at 0.25" on all four (two are a little under, not due to burnouts! :D).

Dimensions are 27" diameter x 9.5" width (which must be rounded up to 10"). Weight is ~60lb. and I quoted shipping to your zip using 62lb in case my cheap bathroom scale is off. Prices shown below are for shipping all four using the least-expensive option (ground):

FedEx Home Delivery: $370.76
UPS: $379.56
USPS: $324.00

Note that the actual price may vary slightly when I drop them off - if the difference is <$20, I'll cover it, otherwise if it's significant, I'll not ship and get back to you to see how you want to proceed.

Let me know if you're still interested, and if so, ping me via a private message and we can set up payment through PP.

Thanks for your interest!

es

Attachments

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Many thanks...

Wheels & tires are still for sale, and I’m willing to drive them as far as Chicago or similar distance at no extra charge.

es

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bumping again. Need to move these, so reducing the price again to $850. Per the above exchange, I'm willing to ship, but it's not cheap.

es

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bumping again - $750 takes 'em!

es

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bumped again, reduced price to $700. THIS IS A STEAL for a full set of winter wheels & tires!

es

·
Banned
311 Posts
This is great deal. I have about $1100 invested into my PPV/ Blizzak setup. Also, stembridge, I don't know if you checked or use SpeeDee at all, but if a potential buyer is in the midwest, shipping will be considerably less, likely half of other options. I know they cover up to Chicago, possibly farther. I use them regularly for shipments in the midwest in the coverage area. I shipped a single wheel/ tire combo awhile back and it was all of $30 to ship to SE WI from central MN. GLWS!

Reactions: stembridge

·
Registered
400 Posts
@stembridge ... not sure if you're on Facebook but I'm in the DC area and there is a FB group called "Capital City Commodores Club". You could try and join that and list them there. I know there is a ton of activity on there and things sell well. Or if there is a FB group near where you are they might sell better on there. I have just noticed that the forum is generally a better place to come for detailed information or weird, little stuff that you can't find anywhere else... the FB pages are generally better to sell stuff!! GLWS!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@stembridge ... not sure if you're on Facebook but I'm in the DC area and there is a FB group called "Capital City Commodores Club".
I left FB several years ago and won't consider rejoining, but thanks for the suggestion. FB Marketplace does seem to be where everyone went from CL.

es

Reactions: ESindon
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.