Chevy SS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the day has come. I have joined the forum finally after 4 years, but I also must sell my 2017 SS. I'll be moving out of the country and would prefer to get this beauty into the hands of someone who really cares about it! I've owned it since new, having put only 13.6k miles on it. All original, no mods. In excellent condition, though the OE tires will probably need to be replaced soon.

6-speed manual transmission, with moonroof and fullsize spare - every option! Exterior is Slipstream Blue Metallic.

I'm located in Western PA, near Pittsburgh. Asking $47.5k. Message me for any details.

Attachments

Super Moderator
Welcome to The forum. You know, we've been here this whole time... 馃槈
Good luck with sale and Godspeed on your new adventure.

Registered
Stunning beauty you have there.
GLWS!

Registered
This one won't last long. GLWS

Reactions: Buffaloheron15

Super Moderator
Pieces produced in US; components assembled in Mexico; and shipped to AUS for installation in the vehicle....then shipped back to the US for distribution.

Registered
Pieces produced in US; components assembled in Mexico; and shipped to AUS for installation in the vehicle....then shipped back to the US for distribution.
What鈥檚 assembled in Mexico?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
What鈥檚 assembled in Mexico?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe that the 2014/2015 window stickers both show engine and (auto)transmission assembled in Mexico, not sure on 2016, 2017 shows both assembled in USA.

Super Moderator
I believe that the 2014/2015 window stickers both show engine and (auto)transmission assembled in Mexico, not sure on 2016, 2017 shows both assembled in USA.
Sure makes one wonder, doesn't it?!

Super Moderator
Sure makes one wonder, doesn't it?!
Pretty interesting really. Can't find a 2016, and I've not dug out my manual version of the '15, but the three auto versions from '14, '15, and '17 are a curious read. 2014 shows 7% U.S./Canadian parts content, with "major sources of foreign parts" being 61% Australian, and 16% Mexico, with engine and trans from Mexico. 2015 shows 7% U.S./Canadian parts content, with major sources of foreign parts showing Australia only, but now at 64%, with no mention of Mexico in the major sources portion but still engine and trans assembled in Mexico. 2017 shows only 3% U.S./Canadian parts content, with "major sources" still being only Australia, but with a big jump to 81% parts content. No Mexico under major sources of foreign parts or drivetrain, with engine and trans now showing assembled in the U.S. but U.S. parts content dropping from 7% down to 3%. :unsure:

Reactions: Wild68

Super Moderator
Sorry for the thread drift @phewop118 , just trying to keep your listing at the top... ;)

Registered
OP very nice ssb!
Wasn't their a potential tariff issue around that time that changed the percentages so cars/parts would be exempt from the excess tariffs??

Registered
My '16 window sticker shows this:

For Vehicles In This Carline:
U.S./Canadian Parts Content: 3%
Major Sources Of Foreign Parts
Content: Australia 80%

Note: Parts Content Does Not Include Final
Assembly, Distribution, Or Other Non-Parts Costs.

For This Vehicle:
Final Assembly Point:
Elizabeth, AUS.
Country of Origin:
Engine : Mexico
Transmission : Mexico

Registered
DAYYYYUM, one of the biggest things that I HATE about my car is that it's black instead of that blue... I'm currently thinking about selling my car as well, I'm just looking in this forum to get an idea of what I should be asking for it...

Best of luck with the sale (are you REALLY sure you want to do that?? 馃槈 ), & with the new chapter...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Appreciate all of the comments (and humor) throughout the thread. This is definitely one of the most difficult decisions to have to let go of this car, but I know that it will be in the hands of a new owner who can care for it since I will no longer be able to.

On the plus side for me though, I will be going to the land of the SS's roots, so I'm hoping to be able to snag a Commodore of some variety there.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.