Chevy SS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
SOLD...1970 Pontiac GTO

SOLD

Selling my beloved 1970 Pontiac GTO, black on black, 400/4-speed, 10 bolt posi rear with 3.55s, power steering, power brakes, handling package, gauge package, console, vinyl roof, Rally II wheels. Car went through a frame off restoration to factory specs completed in 2001, and has been in the family since then. Garage kept, never seen rain or snow, undercarriage and vinyl roof are immaculate. Maintenance items done in the past few years include: complete suspension overhaul, new brakes and tires all around, transmission service, new master cylinder.

As mentioned, it is a 18 year old restoration, so there are a few things to address to make it perfect. Carb will likely need a rebuild in the future with new accelerator pump, dashboard is cracked in a few areas near the windshield, some chrome trim is faded, front Endura bumper has the typical spider lines. With all that said, the car has been meticulously maintained over the years and is a great drivers car as-is. The new owner can fix a few small things to make it perfect. Full PHS documentation available. Asking $29,900 obo. Located in central NJ.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,859 Posts
Wow. That is a beautiful car and a piece of history. If you have to sell it then GLWS, but I'd look around the house for a used kid or two first. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,960 Posts
Sweet! Head over to Tarheeltigers.org. I think we have a classified section you can post it on.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Gorgeous car bud! And one of my favorites to boot. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
2015 Silver/ Stock
140 Posts
Remember that car! looks awesome. Great job of taking care of it....

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Appreciate all the comments. Thanks guys!

Reactions: 15SuperSport

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have seen this car in person and it is stunning! I also have bought a Jeep from the seller 2 years ago (my sons first car) and seller is a class act to deal with!

·
Registered
2016 Mystic Green
717 Posts
Very nice GOAT.

Good year, great color combination, solid drivetrain, shifter handle is cool and looks like it would be just at the perfect angle and position for me.

GLWS :smile

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
cross posting to our Nor/Cal Holden group as we have a few Pontiac diehards with GTO's and Judge's.

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
If the timing were better. I did a lot to my old 71 LeMans [and my 70 Cutlass - didn't have enough time to do much to that!]. Wish i kept them.

Nice car!

Attachments

Reactions: Wathavidun

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bump!

·
Registered
148 Posts
MANNNNNNN... I sure wish to God that I had the spare cash (& space!) to take that off your hands... It's nearly identical to the car a friend of mine had, he & I worked together, & the two of us rode to work in that car more than a few times. Good luck with the sale, I sure hope it gets a good home...

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sold!

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
Hopefully you got what you wanted...

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hopefully you got what you wanted...
Yes, very happy with the sale. Ended up being sold to a friend of the guy who restored it 18 years ago...crazy

Reactions: CB750

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
On the Howard Stern show yesterday, they had a muscle car trivia contest between Ronnie and some caller. The question was "What does GTO stand for and neiither knew it and nor did I. They both got the Grand Tourismo part, but the O was a mystery. It could be Omakase for all I know. When they revealed the answer, I never heard that word in my life, so being Japanese, I'm going with Grand Touring Omakase as my final answer.

·
Registered
2014 SS, Heron White, No Sunroof, added OEM spare
2,888 Posts
I've always ccalled it "O-my-god-o", at least, that's what the word sounds like. Or, you could always go with "Gas - Tires and Oil"!

Reactions: Dolores

·
Registered
441 Posts
best english translation from italiano......." a Grand tourer homologated" . Omologato

Sleeper, you did that Poncho well, wish my 252 was that nice before I let it go......

Reactions: CB750

·
Registered
116 Posts
Congrats on the sale buddy. What a beautiful car. Hope that you won't regret selling it but man I am kicking my ass that I didn't see this sooner. I am in the market for a 68 or a 70-72 Le Mans right now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.